Switchback and WBBB
    Tarp
    Cuban w/ Tarp Flyz
    Insulation
    HammockGear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook

UCR adjustable ridgeline

If anybody who has one of our Dnyaglide UCR ridgeline would like to write a review of it I would sure appreciate it. I am looking for some feedback on ease of use and the overall length. We make them so they go to about 126", which is really long. I guess the good thing is you can permanently make them smaller by cutting the long piece down once you have it set up in your rig. Then just rebury the end or whatever. Kind of just wondering if anybody uses the entire 126" and how much is getting wasted.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    HG: CF 4S
    Insulation
    HG: TQ. UQ
    Suspension
    WS and Dutch Hooks
    After looking at your UCR, I made one for my WBBB with some Dynaglide I had ordered from Dutch. I also installed a Dutch RL biner so I could detach my RL.

I made mine long too and didn't really know what to do with the free end that was hanging down. I just kind of wrapped it up around the RL while I played with different RL lengths until I found one that I felt was just right to minimize the calf ridge and give me the lie I was looking for.

I found it very easy to adjust the UCR. I had considered changing out my whoopie slings to a UCR suspension, but then decided to stick with the slings as it just seems safer with kids around.

I marked my line and cut it. Then I added a locked brummel to the end making it a fixed RL. I don't remember what the overall length was when I finished, but locked brummel works great for hooking up the RL and taking it down with the Dutch biner. The Dutch biner worked great with the UCR RL setup as well. I just wanted to clean up that free end and I am a little bit of a gram weenie.

If I had kept the UCR, I would halve cut the line at a maybe 6" past the burry and reburied the end.

I didn't need the whole 126" for the WBBB. I think if the overall length was around 110" that would have been plenty for me, but the WBBB is not the longest hammock in the woods so I would not make it a shorter to start with. Also having the long length of line left plenty to fool around and have enough to do the locked brummel.

Unrelated sort of, with the Dutch biner on the RL I am able to string on a photon micro light or other accessories without pulling the RL out of the hammock and that is nice!

I hope my rambling helps answer your questions.
    "When you see something wobble, push it."
    - Unknown

Hammock
    Draumr or Sierra Madre
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    lots of down
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    i have a potentially dumb question, but what does UCR stand for? lots of talk about these things, but no definition :0)
    Megan
    In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer. [Albert Camus]

Hammock
    The Quagmire/misc DIY/Eno DN
    Tarp
    WB SF
    Insulation
    Hg system(eventual
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies/UCR's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshower View Post
    i have a potentially dumb question, but what does UCR stand for? lots of talk about these things, but no definition :0)
    Utility Constrictor Ropes. 2 separate lines, one fed through the other with the constriction used to hold it, vs the whoopies, which are made from a continuous piece of rope. UCR's use less rope, and are a tiny bit lighter
    I may be dumb, but at least I'm ugly!

I've done so much, with so little, for so long, now I can do anything with nothing.

It's not peer pressure, it's just your turn.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    HG: CF 4S
    Insulation
    HG: TQ. UQ
    Suspension
    WS and Dutch Hooks
    Quote Originally Posted by sunshower View Post
    It took me a while to figure out that initialization as well.

Somewhere on the forum is a list of standard abbreviations. Hat really helped getting me up to speed.
    "When you see something wobble, push it."
    - Unknown

• + New Posts