Tarp
    10x12 Monster Fly
    Insulation
    pads
    Suspension
    5' whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Hanger View Post
    You should be good with that setup. One suggestion is to try it at home in the backyard before the trip to Sedona. If you have a problem you can always bail out, go back inside and look towards plan b...
    Is Sedona a car camping trip? If so, bring a extra blanket. Wool blanked can be bought cheap. And you always can wear your underjacket and all your sweaters inside your sleeping bag as long as they are not wet.

Not all have ability to test their gear in their backyards, but having a plan b in advance will always help.

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow; pads, Lynx
    Suspension
    Dutch's Cinch Bugs
    Just noticed that there was a Klymit rep and display at the local Costco here in Eugene Oregon, with several models of Klymit pads, including the Klymit Static V insulated one. She said they will be in Costco stores in Oregon (in Bend, and maybe one near Portland), as well as California, Washington, Idaho (and maybe Utah, etc.). Not on the East coast. They don't have a lot of reps so they'll appear for a week and then move to another store. You may be able to find them by searching for Klymit and special events at the Costco website.

You can look at several different models and the rep I talked to seemed to know what she was talking about. Certainly, the prices were much below retail on their website; I'm not sure if they are really less than eBay or Amazon, etc.

Hammock
    WB Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    Cheap Mummy/ Pad
    Suspension
    Dutch Spiders
    Images
    https://www.massdrop.com/buy/klymit-...-static-v-luxe

This is their widest pad they have and it is insulated. I am currious if I am going to pull the trigger would anyone know how much of a temprature rating this would have.
    Bacon and Camping makes me happy.

"When life gives you lemons throw them back"
    Me

I camp in bear country and I am a bear Burrito.

Hammock
    6x12 1.6oz Hyper D
    Tarp
    DIY Membrane 9x9
    Suspension
    Straps + Evenk
    Images
    The r value of all of their insulated pads are the same iirc, so it wont matter which size you're looking at. The temp range should be the same.

I've recently picked up an insulated static v, and don't forsee any problems taking it down to 30 or so. My thermarest has a lower r value (less insulated), and was fine down to 41.

Hopefully that helps .

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ChacMool View Post
    Just noticed that there was a Klymit rep and display at the local Costco here in Eugene Oregon, with several models of Klymit pads, including the Klymit Static V insulated one. She said they will be in Costco stores in Oregon (in Bend, and maybe one near Portland), as well as California, Washington, Idaho (and maybe Utah, etc.). Not on the East coast. They don't have a lot of reps so they'll appear for a week and then move to another store. You may be able to find them by searching for Klymit and special events at the Costco website.

You can look at several different models and the rep I talked to seemed to know what she was talking about. Certainly, the prices were much below retail on their website; I'm not sure if they are really less than eBay or Amazon, etc.
    KLYMIT will be at Costco stores across the US. Here is a link to check your state.

http://www.costco.com/special-events.html

http://www.costco.com/klymit-schedule.html

Hammock
    Dutch Netless, BBXLC, Custom Bridge
    Tarp
    a few, mostly WB
    Insulation
    several...
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by pinay_lovr View Post
    KLYMIT will be at Costco stores across the US. Here is a link to check your state.

http://www.costco.com/special-events.html

http://www.costco.com/klymit-schedule.html
    Holy Smokes, Thank YOU!!

Images
    Secondmouse...don't go to the Costco today, Friday the 29th if you were planning the trip. I just left the Costco at Cumberland and Klymit is not there. I called Klymit and asked about the display and was told the rep was there earlier, but they can't find there pilot who supposedly has the merchandise. Don't know if they will be there tomorrow, but I guess you can call first. I wasted a trip in the crazy traffic on I-75 back and forth to no avail.

Hammock
    Dutch Netless, BBXLC, Custom Bridge
    Tarp
    a few, mostly WB
    Insulation
    several...
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by pinay_lovr View Post
    Secondmouse...don't go to the Costco today, Friday the 29th if you were planning the trip. I just left the Costco at Cumberland and Klymit is not there. I called Klymit and asked about the display and was told the rep was there earlier, but they can't find there pilot who supposedly has the merchandise. Don't know if they will be there tomorrow, but I guess you can call first. I wasted a trip in the crazy traffic on I-75 back and forth to no avail.
    wow, thank you, you saved me some aggravation.

I was going to swing by on my way home but that's not such a good area to be in on a Friday if you don't have to...

Images
    Hey, ChacMool, do you recall any of the Costco prices for the Klymit pads?

I have the green one. Been down to 45 with it and a 20 light year down bag. I will say it's super comfortable.
    I have that one and it give me perfect comfort. I just take right this pad which insulated the Klymit Static V.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast