Hammock
    DIY, BIAS
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    IX DIY
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Sling
    This will be my first hammock forum get-together and I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing how others hang.

I'll be coming down from the DFW area (Euless to be more specific) sometime early Friday afternoon. If anyone needs a ride, pickup form airport, or would like to carpool just give me a shout and we'll work out the details.

Counting the days!

Sheldon

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by netjox View Post
    This will be my first hammock forum get-together and I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing how others hang.

Counting the days!

Sheldon
    Welcome aboard Sheldon!

Glad to have you with us.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

Counting it down...

The countdown is on and as of today we are just 2 weeks out!

So, who else is already looking at gear and doing some pre-packing/planning?

For those who would rather not scroll back through the entire conversation, here are some key points to remember/consider:

Saturday morning I’ll provide the fixings for breakfast tacos and Saturday night we’ll all come together for a pot luck dinner. For Saturday night, don’t feel like you need to bring enough to feed all 90+ who are planning on being there. If we each bring enough for ourselves and some to share, (8-10 servings is plenty), there will be plenty of food. All of the other meals, we are individually on our own.

If you have not made reservations or plans to share a site with someone who has, now’s the time to do so. My last search of the sites reserved show that there are only 8 sites in the Springfield area not reserved yet and since we are usually the only ones out there this time of year, that’s pretty impressive.

Please update the spreadsheet if you have not done so lately so we can have a good list of who is planning on attending, (I need to know how much food to bring for Sat AM. ), and a reminder of things we are doing and bringing.

There will be a dry erase board at our main community gathering site, (look for the banner), for messages and to list activities and approximate times.

If you’d like to participate in a Pay It Forward type gear trade, be sure to bring something to include. In addition, feel free to bring gear to show and tell, trade, or sell.

There will also be a prize drawing Saturday night, so those donating something for that, thank you in advance!

In the past, we’ve had wood chip name tags to help reduce the risk of an identity crisis. I haven’t heard from EastTexas, our normal supplier this year. Name tags are a big help and if someone can bring some that would be much appreciated.

Don’t forget to review the park rules. They aren’t that restrictive, but no sense in getting ticketed and fined for something that could be avoided.

I know that some folks are planning on bringing folding tables to help with the pot luck and gear swaps, so please remember those.

Interested in off topic ramblings as we get closer? Check out the Texas Hammock Hangers page on FB.

What kinds of other questions do we need to address as the clock counts down?

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Getting excited!!!
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    DIY gathered end / WL Snipe
    Tarp
    DIY 8x10 sil/ M.O.
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/ 20*Pheonix
    Suspension
    DIYwhoopie slings
    "In the past, we’ve had wood chip name tags to help reduce the risk of an identity crisis. I haven’t heard from EastTexas, our normal supplier this year. Name tags are a big help and if someone can bring some that would be much appreciated."

Me,Me,Me. pick me, I want to do name tags.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EastTexasHanger View Post
    "In the past, we’ve had wood chip name tags to help reduce the risk of an identity crisis. I haven’t heard from EastTexas, our normal supplier this year. Name tags are a big help and if someone can bring some that would be much appreciated."

Me,Me,Me. pick me, I want to do name tags.
    Sold!

Glad to hear from you buddy! I'm looking forward to hanging with you again.

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    AHE Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Dutch Speed Hooks
    Finally got my account activated successfully! I'll see all of y'all at the group hang; I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and just hanging out.

I've got a campsite already reserved and I'm the only member of my party, so if anyone needs space to hang just send me a message.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

Here’s an advance “Welcome to the trees!”

Yep, in 2 weeks we'll be there.

If you have not been to this annual event before, don’t feel like you are alone. You may be a hammock veteran, a “group hang pro”, or this may be your first time out of the back yard, either way you won’t be the only one. A little less than half of the folks on the planning spreadsheet are “regulars” who have participated in this event a few times. Welcome back! The majority will be with us for the first time. A handful of folks may have joined in on some of the smaller hangs and outings in Texas throughout the year and several dozen will be either brand new to hammock camping or at least new to hanging with this large group of hammock folks.

By now you’ve read about things like the community/group camp fire, (bring a chair and hangout); Saturday morning group breakfast at my site; the pot luck dinner and gear drawing. Be sure to join in on that fun.

Take advantage of the chance to meet other hammock folks. Wander around and introduce yourself. We all like to talk about gear, see various set ups, and simply enjoy one another’s company. Learn about wild edibles, Dutch oven cooking, tarp hanging, and splicing. Participate in the PIF gear swap. Bring items you’d like to trade or sell.

The bottom line is to have a good time, meet some new folks, hang out with friends, and enjoy the woods.

My hunch is there may be some unanswered questions out there. If you’d rather not post them, feel free to send me a PM and I’ll get an answer for you.

I’m glad you’ll be with us.

I can probably arrive on Thursday, which will be good since I have to leave on Saturday afternoon.

Who else will be there on Thursday?

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images

Re: TX>Fairfield Lake State Park>November 8-10, 2013 - 2013 Texas Fall Group Hang ver

Quote Originally Posted by Texas-grrl View Post
    I can probably arrive on Thursday, which will be good since I have to leave on Saturday afternoon.

Who else will be there on Thursday?
    Still thinking I will be there late Thursday evening, after dark probably...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

• + New Posts
  • Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast