HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    UCR, always change
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserSosa View Post
    Count me in as well.....
    WOW! I guess we didn't scare you off at the LSHT? The call of the CooKie COOOOOOON at 5:30 AM? I know Caveman was off his game, he only managed to light a candle lantern on fire.
    Dang.........
    Call me Junior

Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    "Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes." - sargevining on HF

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Ultralight
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 9x9
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    lol....nah, I lived in the frat house (think Animal House) for four years in college, so I am pretty accustomed to the goosiness.

Hammock
    Doublenest/RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Tewa UQ, Bag as TQ
    Suspension
    Web+Whoopie Sling

Unhappy

Bummer. I'm already triple booked that weekend (dinner party, Scout campout, poker tourney). Will have to miss my first group hang. Love that park. Last year introduced my 5 yr old to backpacking there. (The primitive sites around the lake have access to a toilet and water source...great for kids to do an out and back.)

Already blocking out November 2014.

Pic is wesbri-lite @ Fairfield last spring...first ever backpacking trip.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    NX250, Envy, Appalachian
    Tarp
    one with doors
    Insulation
    UGQ down
    Suspension
    straps & Dutch's
    Quote Originally Posted by YorickMori View Post
    yeah if you dont mind i think it would be a lot easier to ride back home with you. that way i dont have to juggle getting somewhere to get back on a ride.
    No problem! Glad to have the company. I've even got SiriusXM, so there's nothing we can't listen too.
    Remember...no matter where you go...there you are.

"I have said that Texas is a state of mind, but I think it is more than that. It is a mystique closely approximating a religion". - John Steinbeck

See you all there!

Reservation is made! I am looking forward to meeting everyone and learning from everyone so I can get my butt off the ground. Can I get a site in the Silly Section?

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

So, who else is counting the days down?

Barely 40 days out and nearly 80 folks signed up on the planning spreadsheet!

If you have not added yourself or updated it lately please take a moment to do so.

As we get closer, it’s may be time to talk more about planning details. Among the topics brought up, (either on the thread, Facebook, or the spreadsheet), are site reservations, food plans, group buy, what to do, and what to bring.

Site reservations are not mandatory but they can assure you a space in the area where we will be as opposed to an adjacent camp area if the Springfield area becomes full. (As of this posting, there are 15 of the 34 sites at Springfield still available as well as 25 of the 96 sites in the more improved RV areas still open.)

As food goes, we are each responsible for our own food for all but two meals, both on Saturday. Everyone is invited to the site where I’ll be for breakfast tacos Saturday morning and that evening everyone is encouraged to bring something to share for our pot luck dinner at the main campfire/ gathering site, (that location will make sense once we are there). Okay, one other exception, if you have cookies, I’ll be glad to share them with you.

Anyone interested in a group buy on 7/64th Amsteel please note that on the spreadsheet. I’ll be totaling the numbers and finding a price based upon our volume on or very soon after October 15. Those interested will receive a PM from me prior to me placing the order to confirm that the price is acceptable and they are “in”.

As far as things to do, the sky is the limit. (Nearly.) I know that there will be plenty of campfire time, (burn ban permitting hopefully), some music jamming, a Saturday night drawing, plenty of show and tell, and a plant foraging/wild foods hike. There will most likely be some DIY cozy construction and splicing demo/lessons, gear swapping/selling, a pay it forward gear exchange, knife sharpening, stargazing, paddling, hiking, fishing, and tarp hanging lessons/practice. What did I miss? What should be added?

I’m not sure as to the answer to the “What to bring” topic, beyond your own gear, anything you’d like to trade or toss into the Saturday night drawing, and cookies to share. I know some will be bringing folding tables to help with the Saturday night food spread, a dry erase board and markers for a message center at the campfire site, an EZ up or two in case shade or rain protection is an issue… What else?

Do you have needs for gear or help? Don't be shy about posting that.

That's all I can think of for now.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images
    Getting excited!!!
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images

Help me get creative...

I'm thinking about doing some cooking experiments in the dutch ovens over the next few weeks in anticipation of our Saturday night pot luck feast so I can come up with something new and unique. I figure to try some new things at home and see how they turn out then pick something that worked well to take to Fairfield.

So, any suggestions?

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Sausage and cheese kolaches?

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    Sausage and cheese kolaches?
    Shoot me a recipe and I'll give it a try.

• + New Posts
  • Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast