Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    Ozark Trail Cocoon
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas

Easy Setup Concept

Hey guys,

I recently bought an ENO one link system. It came with a Doublenest, Atlas straps, Guardian bugnet, a Profly Tarp and some stakes. Well I assumed it would be a quick and easy set up but it was somewhat tedious. I had two pretty close trees (probably ~12 ft) I was going to give this thing a test run in and the bugnet ridgeline wasnt even long enough to make the distance so I had to attach some of my own rope to extend it. The rain tarp is not a continuous ridgeline so it was a fine fit but I had trouble figuring how to mount it to itself or tie it off somewhere.

So I spent some time thinking and came up with this concept. I am wanting to know your opinions.

My plan is to hang the trap first, hopefully centered as to where my hammock will be (if you guys can somehow think of a way to make it adjustable like the examples at theunlitmatehang.com then please tell me). I am going to attach the end of each ridgeline to a carabiner and rap each side ridgeline around the tree; then find where it is tight enough to work and then tie a alpine butterfly knot at that location on the rope and the attach the carabiner to the knot. Same thing on the other side. So that should HOPEFULLY solve that little issue.

Onto the bugnet. My plan is to find the length of the taught tarp ends and tie knots on the bugnet ridgeline to match that length and again attach carabiners to both knots of the ridgeline for the bugnet. And then simply attach the carabiners to each end of the tarp so the bugnet ridgeline will hang on the inside of the tarp, thus simplifying that issue. (If this goes well I might just ditch the extra carabiners and just knot it on each end of the tarp).

Here is a picture of my concept drawn out the best I could. Hope it helps put it into picture.

Here is a picture of the set up if anyone cares

*this picture is before I came up with this concept. I have yet to test this.

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    Instead of the butterfly knot a prussik on your RL would give you the ability to adjust the RL without having to retie the knot.
    "As a well spent day brings happy sleep, a well spent life brings happy death." -Da Vinci

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    Ozark Trail Cocoon
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    Quote Originally Posted by SwinginIt View Post
    Instead of the butterfly knot a prussik on your RL would give you the ability to adjust the RL without having to retie the knot.
    Ooooh! Good thinking. But that would require extra rope which isn't too big of deal. Thanks!

Hammock
    Darien UL
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    WL SSUQ/HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dyna Whoopies
    True but a small Zingit prussik don't weigh much, besides if weight was a concern you wouldn't be using the ENO system. You could counter that weight by using Ti dutch hooks instead of biners.
    "As a well spent day brings happy sleep, a well spent life brings happy death." -Da Vinci

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    Ozark Trail Cocoon
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    Quote Originally Posted by SwinginIt View Post
    True but a small Zingit prussik don't weigh much, besides if weight was a concern you wouldn't be using the ENO system. You could counter that weight by using Ti dutch hooks instead of biners.
    Yeah, you got me there! Haha

• + New Posts