Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Insulation
    Ozark Trail Cocoon
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    I just wanted to again express my love for this forum. So much information and so many people eager to help and innovate. I'll advance with time and like you guys have said, enjoy the journey. As with age Ill lose the weight in my set up as needed and in my own time. Thanks again

As your pack gets lighter your hikes become more fun instead of a job. I don't wanna be thinking about how my back and joints hurt while I'm trying to enjoy nature.

I was in the military and carried over 100lbs in my pack. So I started my backpacking with around 55 lbs and thought, hey, this is won't be bad at all. That got old pretty quick.

Now my base weight is 16lbs and fully loaded for a 3-4 hike I come in at around 25 lbs. And I'm still reducing weight every chance I get. I can still easily lose 5 lbs from my base weight when the money is right.

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Another thing worth keeping in mind is that there are folks who toss in a toothbrush, then the one's who cut the handle off it, then the one's who drill holes in the remaining handle, the the one's who use a finger with a couple of drops of Dr Bronner's assuming a repackaged half oz is not too much extra weight. We have all of the above here. Weigh the suggestions while also contemplating how bullet proof you need your gear to be. Some folks also trade gear before it wears out. Others of us have things like 30 yr old 3 lb packs that were pulled off the market for being too fragile. ;-)
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123