For the do it yourself crowd. We at Dutchwaregear are very proud to introduce ARGON fabric. We have had many request for this material since it recently has been picked up exclusively by Hammockgear.

ARGON Fabric is specially made for us as the cutting edge ultimate nylon quilt material. It resists wind and sheds water enough to be the outter shell of a quilt, yet it is breathable enough to be used as the inner shell. It has a very tight weave, is calendared and completely downproof. The material has a silky feel and is baby soft. The best part is it weighs only a scant .67 ounces per square yard. While others are charging $13 to $20 per yard of similar material, we are proud to introduce ARGON at only $10 per yard. Supplies are limited. Currently it comes in black only and is sold by the Linier yard. 60 inches wide, 58 usable.

If you are going to all the work to make your own quilts, buy the materials that the professionals use.

Recently Stormcrow of HammockGear.com posted;
"Argon"(trademark pending) is a material recently acquired by Dutchwaregear and will be available for sale to the DIY crowd by the yard as early as next week. I believe he will be offering this fabric for $10/yard, which from what I have seen so far, is VERY competitive. Argon fabric is a 10 denier, calendered nylon that weighs approximately .67oz per square yard. This material feels incredible against the skin and is perfect for inner shell material. My personal opinion is that it is as good (or better than) most of the technical materials I have worked with thus far...and I have worked with most of them by now.

Because of the tight weave and strong calendering, Argon fabric is completely down proof as well as wind and water resistant. There is very little, if any, DWR finish to this fabric which is why it excels as an inner shell material. I have also made and used Argon Black as an outer shell material for a number of my personal (and loaner) quilts with great results. As I mentioned, it will shed light moisture and is very wind resistant. Oh, and for you guys that are trying to trim down that pack weight, this stuff is as light as it gets. I am still working on finished weights for all of our quilt models, but so far, they are some of the lightest I have seen.