Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Nice work on the poster Rockdawg!
    Knifes are great Diva B. I'll come up with a few things to add to the raffle.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    My schedule seems to be open that weekend and would enjoy meeting some people, eating and music. Being new to the forum I hope I will be welcomed.
    Hope to see you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bonsaihiker View Post
    I'm hoping to come. May bring the family if I can make it work.
    I really hope you & the family can make it. I don't guess I've seen you except in the winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy ol tiger View Post
    Looks like I can make this hang this year. Can I bring my dog?
    I'm thinking about bringing my dogs too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverpalm2x View Post
    I am planning on bringing my family with me! I am really looking forward to the hanging, the food, seeing some old friends and making some new ones. all you gearaholics please bring some of your extra stuff so I can keep my family warm.

To outfit a family to hang is complicated and expensive. Of course probably wont need bug nets on this hang.

If you bring your dogs be warned my family is desperately trying to talk me into a dog. The kids will probably play and enjoy your dog the entire weekend!
    Do you just need under quilts & top quilts? How about hammocks?
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Ok; we'll have a baggie of gel cotton ball fire starters (maybe 2); a knife with nylon ankle or arm band (new), I've made 2 tree tables which have the cord and cord locks on them (diy), and a red hammock with the string ends (new). Dakota and I are thinking of more....we're hoping to get some suture kits from my step daughter who is a nurse (obviously unused and new).

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 dbl + TTTG Switchback
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    all you gearaholics please bring some of your extra stuff so I can keep my family warm.

To outfit a family to hang is complicated and expensive. Of course probably wont need bug nets on this hang.
    We are bringing extra hammocks and tarps for the demonstration area. There should be several extras to borrow. Not sure about quilts though.
    Rockdawg69

It's a long way to the top if you want to Rock and Roll ----- those hills!!!

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    WBBB, ENO, HH, SMe
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    UQ
    Suspension
    Various
    Images

VA, 3rd Annual Grayson Highlands Fall Festival, Sept 27-30

I thought VA State parks do not allow hammocks. Do they?

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    Quote Originally Posted by OldMart View Post
    Not sure about others but Grayson loves us.
    We do a hammock camping demonstration at the Fall Festival at "their" request. And have been asked to do one for their summer camping event in June.
    Rockdawg69

Professional Prevaricator: Part-time dealer in Yarns, Tales, Half-Truths, & Outright Lies -1st half-hour session at no cost (Lawyers and Doctors excepted).

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Quote Originally Posted by OldMart View Post
    Rev had been working on this and helping to educate parks, and FBG did a spreadsheet on it here with links back to the referencing post. https://www.google.com/fusiontables/...Vap8#rows:id=1

This will be our 3rd annual fall hang; and the crew here at the forums also do annual winter hangs at Grayson.

Hope you can make it.

Hammock
    Tarp
    OES SpinnUL 11x10
    Insulation
    Nest, Hudson River
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Stingerz
    OMG! Just checked the food /cooking list. Home Run brings Blazing Saddle Beans. Mongo like beans
    Rockdawg69

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    adjustable webbing

schedule worked out

Got my shcedule worked out and will be there Saturday Morning and wondering if there will be any trees left????? I will bring some dessert for Saturday night. Cakes Pies etc. lol I will get some from the store What time does everyone go over to the festival?

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I am planning on bringing my family with me! I am really looking forward to the hanging, the food, seeing some old friends and making some new ones. all you gearaholics please bring some of your extra stuff so I can keep my family warm.

I have a JRB winter top quilt (Mt Rogers I think) that can be used as an UQ. I'll plan to bring it if needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grits View Post
    Got my shcedule worked out and will be there Saturday Morning and wondering if there will be any trees left????? I will bring some dessert for Saturday night. Cakes Pies etc. lol I will get some from the store What time does everyone go over to the festival?
    No shortage on trees Grits. I'm thinking we will try to finish breakfast by 9am Sat to drive over to the festival in another part of the park & get set up.
    Some of us will hang out at the festival till about 5pm in the hammock demo area but we relieve each other to go see other festival stuff. Some may come & go, maybe even do a day hike in the highlands.
    Lunch can be bought at the festival for those that want.
    There will be live music, arts & crafts for sale as well as apple butter & molasses made that day on site. Demos on blacksmithing & other mountain ways.

Here is a link to info on the Fall Festival...
    http://www.ghfallfestival.50megs.com/
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Dutchwear HalfZip
    Tarp
    Squidbilly made
    Insulation
    HG 20º Incubator,
    Suspension
    Straps with beetle
    Images

thanks so much

sorry it has taken me a while to write back .. work.. holiday I appreciate the offer and will look forward to trying it out on her WBRR.

Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    I have a JRB winter top quilt (Mt Rogers I think) that can be used as an UQ. I'll plan to bring it if needed.
    I think this might be perfect we have been looking at this as a possible addition to our camping gear.

I know we have enough hammocks for kids and wife. I am looking for an underquilt to keep my wife warm. She sleeps much colder than me so I want to make sure she stays warm.

The kids we will peapod with sleeping bags and bring some extra clothes for sleeping in.

Maybe an extra tarp to cover my wife. I have 2 sportsmans guide that are not the most reliable for rain protection. I have yet to seam seal them.
    "Lets drive up to the Hills and get lost somewhere..." Chinatown by Folk Soul Revival
    Life is a Thru Hike... Hike Well. ΙΧΘΥΣ

• + New Posts
  • Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast