Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images

FS: GeoTrek UL Bamboo Hammock Stand

I called it the GeoTrek when I finished it. I have used this UL version of the TurtleDog or TurtleLady Bamboo stand for a few trips and it has performed perfectly. I carried it on my back for about a mile or two in Cape Hatteras trekking through soft sand. To be honest I dont really want to part with it but I desperately need to raise money for a new sewing machine to be able to continue DIYing the rest of my gear. I'm a broke college student trying to get my gear together as cheap as possible. I will just have to make another one later on...

Alot of hours went into making this stand and a few serious flaws exposed along the way with my butt ending up on the ground...This is the 3rd ridge pole I have made for this stand. The other two were a kind of a learning curve for me.

This stand should hold 185lbs of dynamic weight with no issues. I Weigh 185lbs and I sat in it and bounced up and down and no problems. Granted, if I really wanted to, I could probably have broken it if I tried hard enough. The point being, the stand will handle entry and exit of a 185lb person. This stand comes with a carry bag that I made for it also. The hammock and tarp in the photo is not included, it is just to show what it looks like with one hung from it. The hammock is a HH Expedition.

Disclaimer: If you buy this stand, you are agreeing to relinquish the seller of all responsibilities for any damages or injuries that could be incurred if the hammock stand were to collapse or break apart. Although I have stated that I had no issues with the stand holding my weight, this should not be taken as a guarantee for performance of the stand.

The ridge pole of this stand is 127.5 Inches long and will support a suspension from the straps provided to a length of 121". However you can loop the ends of the hammock over the ridge pole ends to utilize the full length of the ridge pole if needed.

Stand weight is 4558 grams without the bag. Bag weighs few more ounces. So total weight is around 10lbs, give or take few ounces compared to the average TD stand weight of 20lbs-25lbs. This thing is great for destinations alittle farther than a short walk from the car. I've been taking this thing everywhere..It's awesome.

Asking $125 plus shipping. Shipping can range from $20 to $60 depending on where you live. I will try and find the cheapest form of shipping for the buyer.
    Shipping to lower 48.

First reply with "Ill Take it" gets it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's a little hard to tell from the pictures. How does the hammock attach to it?

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mauhler31 View Post
    It's a little hard to tell from the pictures. How does the hammock attach to it?
    There is many ways you can attach your hammock to it. It all depends on your hammock. But I provided two straps with a loop on them to attach to that hang from each end of the ridge pole.

Hammock
    DIY - Canoe Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    DIY UCRs
    Images
    Price Reduction
    Stand is now $100

I'll take it pending PM!