Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Clark 250

Hammock
    WL, WB, Clark stuff
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by socalove714 View Post
    I have a northface Goliath 3D 0F/-18c sleeping bag, But I'm thinking of getting the Z liner. Wondering if its worth it since I'm in CA
    I just slept in my nx-250 with the z liner in last night...what I like about the z liner is it doesn't shift or have cold spots when you're in it, as long as you make sure the z liners are pushed all the way down into the pockets prior to jumping in for the night. Very important.

Do an archive search about the z liners...I did before I bought them and what sold me was I found out a lot of us that actually have them, like them a lot.

Thank you for the feed back, I will read up on it. For $160... is it possible to DIY if dimensions are available? I have a brother sewing machine 😀

Hammock
    NX250, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Vertex
    Insulation
    Zliner, AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    FWIW, NX250 + Zliners.
    I went all nite with the low being 26* and the wind about 15 to 20 mph with no tarp. 1 pair wool socks, under armor top and bottom and a lite cap. TQ was an old Alpine Designs 0* bag. Very comfortable. I am a warm sleeper.

At the Winter hang. Low 8* The only addition is my KAQ New River coupled with the Zliner. Same sleep set up. Very comfortable.
    "I ain't no physciscisk, but I knows what matters"
    Popeye

Hammock
    HH
    Insulation
    down
    I just bought Mannowar's NX250 and plan to use it next winter in Canada hopefully with 40 below windchill. The Z liners are included. I will be taking my Stephenson's Upper bag with a 3.5 inch air mattress (goes in a built in pocket) that supposedly is good for 60 below
    I still want to want to bulk up the bottom insulation and see if I can make my (Modified) St. Agnes Zero degree bag on a full size insulated Klymit air mattress. I have like 30 + Oz. of 750 white goose down. and was think about making down filled pockets with Velcro dots to attach to the Z liner pads to come up with a combined 4+" of insulation which should be good for minus 20. Has anyone done something like this?
    Pluses and Minuses thoughts anyone?

Regards,
    Paul

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB & Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie DIY
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SSGHawk View Post
    I just bought Mannowar's NX250 and plan to use it next winter in Canada hopefully with 40 below windchill. The Z liners are included. I will be taking my Stephenson's Upper bag with a 3.5 inch air mattress (goes in a built in pocket) that supposedly is good for 60 below
    I still want to want to bulk up the bottom insulation and see if I can make my (Modified) St. Agnes Zero degree bag on a full size insulated Klymit air mattress. I have like 30 + Oz. of 750 white goose down. and was think about making down filled pockets with Velcro dots to attach to the Z liner pads to come up with a combined 4+" of insulation which should be good for minus 20. Has anyone done something like this?
    Pluses and Minuses thoughts anyone?

Regards,
    Paul
    That's why I wanted the insulation.. to get measurements for down inserts...lol

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Images
    Vliners aren't enough. I also use a silver space banket under a insulated sleeping pad. Then I was ok during the pilot vortex in nj. It was -10. Day after this pic my new set up came in. So now my Clark is a extra for my friends who want to. The problem with Clark for me wasn't keeping warm. It was staying comfortable. Always got pains under knees. But I do like the Clark!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1400941914.450527.jpg

Hammock
    HH
    Insulation
    down
    Jshep420
    What was it that you think caused the sore knees,
    Mannowar's N 250 got here today and I feel like a 7 year old waking up Xmas morning. (THANKS MANNOWAR: I owe you man!)

I bought a full size Kylmit Static V insulated for $90 that with an R value of about 4.6 I think. Everyone here pretty much raves about it in hammock (someone called it the perfect hammock insulated air mat). I just set up the nx 250 as a bivy and the Static V fits in there great. THis igt help your knees.

But I am the kind of guy who loves to do mods just for kicks and grins.

I like that I can slight open the weather cover a little about mo face but I also need to come up with a similar opening at the foot end of the weather cover. Has anyone done this?

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Images
    Idk? I felt it everytime. And a buddy borrowed it and said the same thing. After a while I started rolling a towel up and putting under my knees or hips.

Hammock
    HH
    Insulation
    down
    Shipsgunner,
    Do you need me to give you the measurements?
    Jshep
    Sorry my last transmission was under the influence of Ambien and I do not type or spell well when awake much less when I am asleep. The great thing about Ambien is that some nights when you sleep walk you get quite I bit done and still feel rested in the morning; just stay away from the car keys.
    I guess you are a back sleeper. As a side sleeper, I hope I do not experience your knee issues.

I slept in my nx250 set up as a bivy last night and it was great.

regards to all,
    Paul

Hammock
    Clark Jungle Hammock NX-250
    Insulation
    None
    Suspension
    Whoppie's
    Just purchased the Z-liner today for my NX-250. just got back from California backpacking for 10-days and I was a little cold at night. I'm hoping the Z-liner warms things up. I also plan on upgrading my sleeping bag.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast