Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    NR UQ, Kelty SB
    Suspension
    Straps
    Thanks MacEntyre, WV and everyone, I think I will have to get one in the near future. I can see many possibilities with using this as a road trip and hiking bag.

MacEntyre do you have a sale coming up in the near future?????

Also you said that people say they are ugly, well they make up for it in versatility and functionality... right???

Hammock
    Clark nx150
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by lesspayne View Post
    Thanks MacEntyre, WV and everyone, I think I will have to get one in the near future. I can see many possibilities with using this as a road trip and hiking bag.

Also you said that people say they are ugly, well they make up for it in versatility and functionality... right???
    very versatile and extremely functional!!!!
    I do a lot of kayak fishing, carrying a lot of gear in dry sacks in the hull. This sorting and packing method made using the molly macpack a breeze for me.
    It will take a couple of trips to figure out how many stuff sacks you will need for certain trips, and what way of packing them depending on your preferences.

Ratshaks ?? reviews on youtube do a great job of showing how versatile the pack is.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    NR UQ, Kelty SB
    Suspension
    Straps
    I saw his reviews and yes I agree the pack appears to be very versatile and I can imagine many ways of packing the MMP... I just don't own one (Yet) and only have Ratshak to go on.

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    No, sorry about that! We have no inventory. Everything is made to order. Molly Mac Packs require a lot of labor... at the current price, no one can make them but me, because everyone else wants to be paid better!
    You are absolutely correct! Well said!
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    NR UQ, Kelty SB
    Suspension
    Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    No, sorry about that! We have no inventory. Everything is made to order. Molly Mac Packs require a lot of labor... at the current price, no one can make them but me, because everyone else wants to be paid better!
    Thanks MacEntyre, I suspect you'll be hearing from me in a few months. I kinda went overboard on the hammock gear recently so I have to curb my spending for a bit, but come X-Mas I know where my bonus money is going.

Hammock
    ENO doublenest
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Jacks 'R' Better
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie slings
    Images
    I mainly just use my MMP for hiking and backpacking so no cool chainsaw photos from me. I did manage to scrounge up a few photos from some recent trips.

Day hiking the Rim of the Gap trail. Just have the water bladder and a re-purposed bicycle bag to hold some lunch. (Not a great photo)

Here is a photo of my backpacking load for an April hike in the Linville Gorge. I tried to label the different stuff sacks. We were expecting rain so I put all my normal miscellaneous stuff sacks into a bigger lined one. I am trying to find the perfect way to attach the water bladder. Sometimes I want to buy a new MMP with the hydration bladder pocket.

I like that the MMP makes using my bear canister really easy, no concerns about it fitting. I find that for any stops along the trail the MMP makes it quick to get to whatever you need. I do find in the mornings it takes a few minutes longer to strap everything down compared to the other guys who just shove stuff into their Osprey packs. It makes a great pack for day hikes because I still get the comfy hip belt but don't have a huge empty bag like I would if I re-used a normal backpacking pack.

Trying to think of things I don't like....
    I need to get a custom sack for my OES tarp because the one it came with is awkward to strap to the pack. I suppose this would be my biggest problem I really need to get some silnylon and make a few stuff sacks that fit my gear better. I recently switched from an old sleeping bag to a new Jacks R Better TQ and had to figure out how to get everything packed again. The only other thing would be fighting with is getting my hydration bladder to sit just right... Maybe I just need a sherpa.

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Tim 807,
    Great picture, and far more useful information for potential MMP owners. I needed to carry a chainsaw and a logging chain, but your illustrated load speaks to the needs of most backpackers. Excellent point about the bear cannister, too. Like you, I saw a need for slightly specialized stuff bags. Now I have quite a collection of them.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    NR UQ, Kelty SB
    Suspension
    Straps
    Tim
    Those are some great photos. Thanks that was a real detailed review and very helpful. It makes me want one even more. Hope X-mas comes soon....

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    NR UQ, Kelty SB
    Suspension
    Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    I needed to carry a chainsaw and a logging chain, but your illustrated load speaks to the needs of most backpackers.
    I agree that Tim's picture does a great job of showing how to load it for backpackers, but I really liked the photo that you had WV, where you had a chainsaw strapped to the MMP, great way to show the packs versatility (doubt an Osprey pack can comfortably carry a chainsaw). It was after seeing your photo WV that I knew I had to buy this pack.

Thanks to both Tim and WV for doing a great job of describing the MMP.

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    I would venture to say, since I stuff everything in one waterproof compactor sack, the inside of my pack is probably a more jumbled smashed wad O gear, than any MMP, whether it was loaded with gear or trail equipment, or a 75 pound motor.

Signature suspended

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast