Images

Rust-Oleum Neverwet - new product - any use for hammocking

What uses can you think of this related to a hammock? Covering the suspension with it?

I wonder how much weight it would add to a tarp. Maybe just use to seam seal.

Home Depot Ad for Neverwet - watch the video

Hammock
    DH T-BIRD - SL 1.8 poly
    Tarp
    HG CF 4
    Insulation
    LeighLo/HG
    Suspension
    Adj web, whoopies
    That is an interesting demo.. Seems like a backpack would be a good potential use for this and forget the pack cover. He mentions a frosty coating appearance at the end and I wonder what the long term permeability would be ie on flexible fabric would it eventually wear off and lose its waterproofness. Would like to see more consumer testing before I would apply it to an expensive piece of gear.
    John aka Suede

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly, OES, HG
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images

Hammock
    ENO- DN
    Tarp
    ENO- Dry Fly
    Insulation
    Exped/-10 pad, mss
    Suspension
    ENO- Atlas
    i got an old nylon bag. had this thing since i joined the boy scouts(Troop 128!!!) 30 yrs ago. i think it is the perfect test subject! i suspect it will stand like all the other water sealers out there. ill let Ya'll know. besides drowning the bag, beating the bag against a tree and running over with a car! any other test thoughts?
    Not all who wander, are lost!!

Images
    The timing for the previous thread on this matter was perfect. I work in the furniture industry and the owner of the business wanted me to marine varnish a metal and stone side table to use outdoors.

After seeing this product here I'm going to use it to treat the piece. Low VOC, easy application and the "frost finish" will not bother the metal. Should be very interesting to see the result.

I plan to use the remainder to make a rain slick (that has long since lost its coating to make it water repellant) repel water again. Based on that outcome, I'll likely use it on my ULA Circuit. One of the videos from the manufacturer shows them putting mustard, gravy, oil, etc on a guy wearing a white T-shirt treated with this stuff. There is a bit of a sheen to that shirt in the right light but otherwise looks pretty normal. The rain jacket is so utility purpose I could care less what it looks like. I'll be a little more particular about my pack.

Hammock
    DH T-BIRD - SL 1.8 poly
    Tarp
    HG CF 4
    Insulation
    LeighLo/HG
    Suspension
    Adj web, whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by DaddyDaddy View Post
    The timing for the previous thread on this matter was perfect. I work in the furniture industry and the owner of the business wanted me to marine varnish a metal and stone side table to use outdoors.

After seeing this product here I'm going to use it to treat the piece. Low VOC, easy application and the "frost finish" will not bother the metal. Should be very interesting to see the result.

I plan to use the remainder to make a rain slick (that has long since lost its coating to make it water repellant) repel water again. Based on that outcome, I'll likely use it on my ULA Circuit. One of the videos from the manufacturer shows them putting mustard, gravy, oil, etc on a guy wearing a white T-shirt treated with this stuff. There is a bit of a sheen to that shirt in the right light but otherwise looks pretty normal. The rain jacket is so utility purpose I could care less what it looks like. I'll be a little more particular about my pack.
    Using on the backpack, I would be particular too and probably try on a small patch on the bottom.
    John aka Suede

• + New Posts