Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    If your specifically looking for a 10x10 then Bushcraft Outfitters has them. As others have said there are other tarp vendors here on the forum as well.

bill
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Hope you get the tarp you want soon. I was one of the lucky ones. My experience with OES a couple of years ago was fine. I second the suggestion for Underground Quilts. Paul is excellent to deal with and his gear is great.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Another +1 for Wilderness Logics, feature laden, cat cut, optional enhancements, quick turnaround. Couldn't be happier.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images

indulgent?

Quote Originally Posted by overunder View Post
    So my experience with OES is now over. I have been looking at their website for a few years and finally pull the trigger back in April hoping I would be one of the lucky ones...
    I probably shouldn't say this, especially coming on the heels of Just Jeff's excellent thread the other day, but...

Do we really need another thread on poor service at OES? This has been going on quite a while now, and there are plenty of threads out there already where your post could've gone, which apparently you do know of. The fact that you chose a new thread to voice the fact that you were not "one of the lucky ones" seems a little narcissistic to me given that you must have known this was a possible outcome. Apologies if I offend. You do have a right to say that your buying experience was terrible, and I feel bad for you that it was.

My primary hope would be that OES listens and makes some sort of change for the better. Unfortunately, I think we're onto the secondary hope at this point, which is that I hope folks will just not order from them anymore so we don't have to continue to hear about it. Too much really good stuff out there from other vendors to put up with that level of non-service.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Thanks for all the great suggestions. I will be looking into these and selecting another company soon.
    As for "Do we really need another thread" YES, As long as people are experiencing bad service I think updating and adding threads will keep the issue on the surface. Will Brian do anything about it? No, that has been made obvious. New threads may help steer buisness away from a substandard company. I have added to some of the other threads but wanted to include my full experience in a single consise area.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotaross View Post
    I probably shouldn't say this, especially coming on the heels of Just Jeff's excellent thread the other day, but...

Do we really need another thread on poor service at OES? This has been going on quite a while now, and there are plenty of threads out there already where your post could've gone, which apparently you do know of. The fact that you chose a new thread to voice the fact that you were not "one of the lucky ones" seems a little narcissistic to me given that you must have known this was a possible outcome. Apologies if I offend. You do have a right to say that your buying experience was terrible, and I feel bad for you that it was.

My primary hope would be that OES listens and makes some sort of change for the better. Unfortunately, I think we're onto the secondary hope at this point, which is that I hope folks will just not order from them anymore so we don't have to continue to hear about it. Too much really good stuff out there from other vendors to put up with that level of non-service.
    I personally welcome the OP's post and find it to be very valuable. I think it's important to share all negative as well as positive experiences with any and all vendors weather those experiences are reoccurring or not. I have personally started countless threads praising vendors on the quality and craftsmanship of their work each time I get a new item from them. Even if I've ordered from the vendor in the past and I order a similar item (i.e. a 40 rated TQ and a 20 rated TQ from the same vendor at two different times) I will still create a new thread on how great the product is to show people that these vendors continue to provide great customer service and quality products. And on the flip side its important for people to post their continued negative experiences with a vendor even if its the same vendor each time as long as they are expressed in a respectful way. I would hate for a newb to stumble upon this site and say oohh, no one has complained about vendor X for a long time I guess they have steeped it up only to order from them and encounter the same problems everyone else has faced in the past. By continually posting new experiences weather positive or negative its keeps the information up to date for new members to find as well as hopefully gets to the vendors themselves so they can relish in appreciation and praise or use the constructive criticism to improve on their business.

However yes the recurring theme of Brian from OES not providing quality service to his customers is getting old however I do believe that as long as any vendor is providing services to members of this forum them those experiences IMHO need to be continually reported.

I personally have only ordered from OES once and the tarp came within 7 days of ordering it however seeing the numerous post reporting on the lack of customer service OES provides should not IMHO reflect poorly on all the other amazing vendors we have here on this forum and I hope people continue to post all positive as well as negative experiences they have with ordering from any one of the vendors who are active within this community.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    As I recall Brian graduated from College last year and moved to a real job. I suspect he is busier now and finding the second job a conflict he will need to resolve.
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    A little communication would have gone a long way with me. You have 60 days from the time a charge shows up on your monthly statement to dispute it. With a little information about how long it may take to get the product I would have pushed the dispute all the way till the end before filing. After that time you are on your own to hope the merchant finally comes through. I filed early because of the lack of communication. If you run a business in a poor way you will lose money. He had my money in his hand and lost it by not performing the service promised. Maybe its time for him to close up shop and focus on his day job.

Another place that makes great gear (hammocks, tarps, etc) is Jared at Simply Light Designs. Website is www.simplylightdesigns.com . Great communication, fast shipping and the quality is outstanding.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Dangerbird
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    UGQ Full Set
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Images
    After having read this thread, I'm inclined to not deal with OES...despite how AMAZING I hear the tarps are...really, I've heard that they're second to none.

One day, I'll get one...but when I do, it'll be from the WTB forum, and I'll get it second hand to avoid having to take a risk.
    I used to be a somebody, now I just camp.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast