DIY 1.1 single-layer
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & SOL Bivvy
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    The thing to remember with a permanent indoor setup is that you dont need all the suspension that you would use outdoors. Once you have your ideal anchor points measured out and installed, you really only need enough loop at each end of the hammock to hook onto your anchors. I believe this make a gather-end hammock the type to use, whether it's cotton or nylon.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Adj Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmike65 View Post
    The thing to remember with a permanent indoor setup is that you dont need all the suspension that you would use outdoors. Once you have your ideal anchor points measured out and installed, you really only need enough loop at each end of the hammock to hook onto your anchors. I believe this make a gather-end hammock the type to use, whether it's cotton or nylon.
    Wiuth that said, since my ridgeline is 100" in my WBBB DL 1.7, do I technically only need a few extra inches, say 106" total, to hang from anchor points indoors?

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dixoncreations View Post
    With that said, since my ridgeline is 100" in my WBBB DL 1.7, do I technically only need a few extra inches, say 106" total, to hang from anchor points indoors?
    Correct. You'll need a short amount of adjustment, unless you get the height exact for the hammock to work. Adjustment is nice, but not totally neccessary.
    What I did is make a short continous loop for one end of the hammock, larkshead that to your hammock. Did a test hang to approximate the other continonous loop (or a short whoopie?) for the opposite side.

From experience, you can hang directly to your hammock/wall attachment point. Or you can pass your longer suspension thru your attachment points and reconnect them above the hammock, creating a "second" ridgeline of sorts.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Adj Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    Correct. You'll need a short amount of adjustment, unless you get the height exact for the hammock to work. Adjustment is nice, but not totally neccessary.
    What I did is make a short continous loop for one end of the hammock, larkshead that to your hammock. Did a test hang to approximate the other continonous loop (or a short whoopie?) for the opposite side.

From experience, you can hang directly to your hammock/wall attachment point. Or you can pass your longer suspension thru your attachment points and reconnect them above the hammock, creating a "second" ridgeline of sorts.
    What about the whole hang-at-30-degrees-for-the-perfect-hang thing? I guess that is a non-issue when you have a structural ridge line?

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    I've always liked Bradley's solution.
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=24363
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 single-layer
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & SOL Bivvy
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
    I've always liked Bradley's solution.
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=24363
    Yes, Yes! and with a little imagination and a modicum of skill, you can build something fashionable, as well as functional. There's nothing saying that an indoor hammock set up has to look like you dragged the outdoors into your home.

Right, It's been a while and I'm not sure if anyone is following this thread and whatnot.
    I've found out that I don't have any wall studs in the wall drawn to the bottom. If I put in extra beams in the loft to support the beams already there (They're only an inch thick so I'll have to)
    Would it be possible to have a ceiling hang? How so? How would you set it up and could anyone give me some rough measurements?
    How are these for fixings?
    And how is this for a hammock?
    Any suggestions if not? I want to budget it rather cheap in case it doesn't turn out well.
    Also silly question but can you use usual bedding? What's it like with the cold underneath? Do I need to sort out something for that too?

Hammock
    Some Gathered End or Other
    Tarp
    DIY CamoHexMonster
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies and etc.
    Images
    Several things here.

The hammock is fine, but smallish. If you are not very tall it might be fine. The "fixings" you point to are probably fine but they need to be attached to something substantial, like a 4x4" beam.

A ceiling hang requires more distance between the hang points or you won't get a decent angle. Doing something like a pair of 4x4" posts attached floor and ceiling and those "fixings" you mentioned would probably work though.

You're going to have to take a bedsheet and simulate the shape of the hammock or something to work this out though. Use a sheet as a "template." Sometimes being there with the bits in your hand is the only way to solve a problem like this.

Don't know if that helps...
    Some say I'm apathetic, but I don't care. - Randy

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 single-layer
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & SOL Bivvy
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Someone recently posted how they anchored two chains, from floor to ceiling, set at the desired distance, then clipped thier hammock at the height they wanted. There were pictures as well as some description. It looked solid enough. There was a comment suggesting that maybe you could use Amsteel with Alpine Butterfly knots to attach the hammock to.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123