Hammock
    Switchback/Lite Owl/WBRR
    Tarp
    CamoPalace/BMJ/TH
    Insulation
    Greylock3/ProdigyX
    Suspension
    Any
    Hi Dave. Due to some technical difficulties, not posed by the tarp, it hung in the basement for ~a month. Got out last week to the White Mountains in some brutal heat for a couple nights. Scoured the Razr and found I took none of the setups. My girl took some with her cell and I'm gonna get them tonight.

Hope your trip went well.

The tarp worked very well indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by whoofit View Post
    Hi Dave. Due to some technical difficulties, not posed by the tarp, it hung in the basement for ~a month. Got out last week to the White Mountains in some brutal heat for a couple nights. Scoured the Razr and found I took none of the setups. My girl took some with her cell and I'm gonna get them tonight.

Hope your trip went well.

The tarp worked very well indeed.
    Good to hear! I'll be setting up my rig on the sandy beach in front of the family cottage for the weekend. Nothing like having the waves lull you to sleep!

Hammock
    Switchback/Lite Owl/WBRR
    Tarp
    CamoPalace/BMJ/TH
    Insulation
    Greylock3/ProdigyX
    Suspension
    Any
    Well, it's not a great pic of the tarp and my girl made me promise not to post this online due to glamour issues...lol...but I felt an undying duty to post this one single shot that includes the Trail Haven 10.

Guess I could have lied and said we just walked through a monsoon as an excuse for the hair, but then again, IT AIN'T MY BAD HAIR DAY! heh heh heh. Those are, however, my chicken legs though...

Hammock
    Switchback/Lite Owl/WBRR
    Tarp
    CamoPalace/BMJ/TH
    Insulation
    Greylock3/ProdigyX
    Suspension
    Any
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    Good to hear! I'll be setting up my rig on the sandy beach in front of the family cottage for the weekend. Nothing like having the waves lull you to sleep!
    Sounds like da bomb!

Next week we head up to Acadia National Park, 5 hours North in Maine, for a kayak/hike/hang. Will be sure to get in some f-u-n...

Be well!

[QUOTE=whoofit;1044913]Well, it's not a great pic of the tarp and my girl made me promise not to post this online due to glamour issues...lol...but I felt an undying duty to post this one single shot that includes the Trail Haven 10.

Guess I could have lied and said we just walked through a monsoon as an excuse for the hair, but then again, IT AIN'T MY BAD HAIR DAY! heh heh heh. Those are, however, my chicken legs though...

Mighty fine looking tarp you have there. What kind of a hammock rig is that that fits the 10' so well?

Hammock
    Switchback/Lite Owl/WBRR
    Tarp
    CamoPalace/BMJ/TH
    Insulation
    Greylock3/ProdigyX
    Suspension
    Any
    That's just a Byers Moskito with a structural ridgeline, Dave. Fits her well and she likes it better than anything else she's tried. I have one too but like a longer ridgeline than the 10' Trail Haven will support. So this is now her new tarp when she goes and I'll use it with my ENO when she doesn't go.

Just ordered a Blackbird 1.1 DL on July 2nd too.

Later!

I just wanted to post a follow-up to my original 2013 review of the Simply Light Designs Trail Haven 11 Tarp. I’ve had it for a little over a year and spent at least 35 nights out with it. All types of Michigan weather have been experienced too, from the hot summer sun (beach hanging), ice storms, torrential rain, high winds and snow. It has held up extremely well and looks as good as when I originally got it from Jared. One addition has been made to make it great as a 4 season tarp: removable doors. These have been a godsend when I’ve encountered high winds, snow and rain. This past weekend I used them on a trip where we had constant rain for 18 plus hours. The design worked perfect and kept the rain out!

Simply Light Designs has grown their offerings over the past year with more accessories, hammock designs, tarps etc. Jared makes high quality gear and is a great communicator! I’m very happy with all my purchases from him and look forward to doing more business with Simply Light Designs in the future.

Here’s a few pictures from the past year of the Trail Haven 11:

Last edited by michigandave; 04-16-2014 at 10:34.

It has been close to 6 years since I started this thread. Wow, has time flown by! Update: the original Trail Lair is still in my fleet of SLD tarps and still gets regular usage. It's held up great and showing no signs of wear. Simply awesome!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12