DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    because of the difficulty of the trail & the mud from the rain, etc, etc, my better judgement has convinced me (& my friend) that another trail in linville gorge would be a better choice for this week end
    so the plan now is to go down to the river by spence ridge trail & do some exploring on the linville gorge trail (LGT) that parallels the linville river.
    i hope you NC folks get the chance to spend a few days & nights in linville gorge wilderness. lots more places to hammock than pitch a t... opps i almost said a bad word
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    me & the other guy ended going down spence ridge trail & camping on a hill side near the foot bridge.
    sunday morn about 11:30, we decided to hike down & explore the linville gorge trail (south) & see what it was like.
    it didn't take long to get to conley cove trail (not counting the stops to explore other hammock camping sites & take a lunch break), so we decided to see if we could at least reach the bottom of pitch in trail before time to turn back.
    if we had made that decision earlyer & not got off the main trail on river side trails that came & went, we could have.
    i believe we were getting close, probably near the base of cambric ridge, but we decided to turn back at 4:30pm.
    got back to the car just as it was getting dark enough that my friend had to use his head lamp to find his car keys in his pack.
    didn't make it to daffodil flats but it was a good trip. beautiful place w/ lots to see. it was the first time my friend jerome had been to linville gorge. he kept saying over & over... "i can't believe i live so close to a place like this & i've never been here".
    tons of great hammock trees too!!! ...tim
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12