Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OneThing View Post
    Going to a hang will open a whole new world. Plus, it will prevent you from ending up on a reality TV program, such as Hoarders, Pawn Stars, Ax Men & 16 & Pregnant. Hmm, I'm looking over the member list..... Well, if your over 16, the last one for sure.

I had to go back to an old forum I was a part of to find some old posts going back to 2004. It's Microporous Polypropylene. For fun, hold your tongue and try and say that backwards. (If you do go to a Hang, I suggest not doing it as part of the Talent Show)

I think JRB could not longer find it, which is one of the reasons they quit making them.

However, finding the same material for DriDucks, might lead you to someone who sells it by the yard and not the train load.

There are two types of DriDucks material. One is very thin, and would work fine. More than likely, even lighter than Microporous Polypropylene. Or as I say it, 'Enelyporpylop Suorioicim'
    ALCON,

The same Weather Shield capability is available from JRB in dual purpose design modification to the Dri Ducks Poncho...at even less cost... triple threat; poncho WS for TQ, WS for UQ... http://www.jacksrbetter.com/shop/dri...n-kit-applied/

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe
    Insulation
    40* TQ, 20* Zeppli
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Check with Jazilla. He has been making some really nice gear. I love the TQ he made for me.
    Live for today, Prep for tomorrow.
    Pack and Paddle Events Page
    SBJ Outdoor Concepts

Hammock
    DangerBird Clark North American
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    UGQ Zepplin UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Buckles/Link
    As a fellow Oregonian I can tell you that I have absolutely loved my quilt from UGQ. I only have a uq from Paul, but it is incredible. Best of luck.

Hammock
    Light/soft nylon/taffeta homemade
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    HG Burrow, XTherm
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas slaps
    Wow! Thank you everyone for the overwhelming response! Definitely helpful

What a mouthful for a fabric! I might not find that at the Rain Shed in Corvallis. my interest is definitely piqued at the JRB driducks. I wonder how it will fit on another quilt like ugq or hg--I think those two are best suited for me at this point.

As for the underquilt--it may be blasphemous to say on hammock forums--but I'm a flightless bird on about 36% of my ventures. Boyfriend thinks it's dangerous to go alone, but insists upon a fabric fortress when he comes along, I just discovered my synthetic wasn't keeping me warm in the air or on the ground--thus the TQ.

I also snagged a thermarest trail pro at goodwill for 2 dollars last year, and trying to figure out external attachment methods to prevent the electric slide. I'm thinking either a sleeve or maybe even clips... It's not a bad idea to frankensteinize my bag into an uq, while fairly light for a synthetic, it's frighteningly incompressible. Sometimes I wake up gasping from nightmares about how much pack space it hogs.

As for width size allowances, I haven't yet compared the options, I'm about 5'8" and 135, so I could probably manage on the snugger widths, but might increase it for burrito cuddle power.

Thank you all for your responses--if I didn't address anything you set forth, you can bet I'm mulling it over!

Hammock
    HH EUA-sym
    Tarp
    MaCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    HG 20° Phoenix
    Suspension
    UCR, Dutchware

There's a Lot of Tents Here

There's a lot of tents here on this forum. In fact, there was a tread the other day called, "Show me Your Tent" I still have two myself. One is a Tarptent Squall 2 which I love. I still have my pads, and Thermarest as well. There's a lots of trails out there that I plan to hike. And on some of them, a hammock is just not the best piece of gear.

Good luck on the choice you make for a TQ. I think most people have just as much fun talking, thinking and planing about their gear and hike, as being out there. In the end, it's all about what works & what's right for you.

OneThingAT - Facebook
    OneThing YouTube
    N. Calif. Boggs Mt Hangout - May 10-12, 2013

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WldrnslgsTQ+pad
    Suspension
    Webbing/DutchClips
    I'm on a sleeping pad, but it's between the layers of WBBB. It's not uncomfortable to me.

Hammock
    DIY "Taco" Hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy hex fly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Wingardium Leviosa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama Man View Post

There are many fine cottage industry vendors here on HF that are capable of making whatever gear you want or need. I only have experience with Hammock Gear quilts however. I have a 20* set and a 40* set. I really love them, they are fantastic. The craftsmanship is great and there's no need to carry a pad.
    I have a Hammock Gear 0* underquilt and a 20* top quilt. I use a thin fleece liner, because I like the feel of it, vs. sleeping on bare nylon.

Hammock Gear is great, and with the combination, I dropped a pound from my pack, because I'm not carrying the sleeping bag now. The top quilt if half the size/weight of my bag. In winter I can use my ENO instead of the hennessy (no bug net!) and save a little more weight.
    For more info, read:

My personal blog

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 or BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    Tewa, Speer, H.G.
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Images
    If you sew, I believe you can crank out at tq no problem!

At a fraction of the cost.
    "In seed time learn, in harvest teach, in winter enjoy." -D'Signore's, Tide Mill Farm, Edmunds, Maine.

Hammock
    WBRR / WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG / UGQ
    Suspension
    Buckles / Whoopies
    sr1355 just hit the spot. I have one of his flight jacket topquilts, and I love it! I may post a review soon....
    I'm a Mormon. I know it, I live it, and I love it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123