Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images

Re: ENO ProFly vs FastFly

Amazon sells ZingIt as well... Dutch has good prices on it and you can pick up some dutch bling while your there...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by gcy24 View Post
    I pulled the trigger on the Pro. Same weight and more coverage, why not? I'll give the stock guy lines a shot and go from there. Hopefully they have upgraded them or something and I wont have to mess with it.

Slo, out of curiosity, why do you say go with the Pro?
    Bubba, I got it for $60! Also, I keep hearing of this Zing-it stuff, where can I get it?
    My coverage sucks with the FF. It's a cat-cut diamond, so the already minimal diamond design lost even more coverage cat-cutting it. Says it's 11ftx11ft or so but my buddy who has a DD 3x3(m) in diamond mode had way more coverage than me. Way more, with a shorter ridgeline. You'd have to use it like a Hennessey to not get wet, low and wide.

And as far as cordage, you can pick up some BRAIDED Mason Line from Ace, Home Depot, Lowes, Zettlers, whatever your local HW store is. CHEAP and PLENTY of tinsel strength for a tarp application.

Hammock
    DH Darien, DIY, ENO
    Tarp
    ProFly
    Insulation
    DIYUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Sweet thanks for the advice guys. I've seen on here about using shock cord or something of the sort so it will remain taut all night, what are your guys opinions on this?
    Grant

Getting lost is not a waste of time.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Sweet thanks for the advice guys. I've seen on here about using shock cord or something of the sort so it will remain taut all night, what are your guys opinions on this?
    They are called self tensioning lines and you probably won't need them. They come in handy for silnylon tarps that have a bit of stretch when first set up or when wet. The ENO tarps are PU coated nylon IIRC and do not have the same issues. I don't use them since I don't mind tightening my tarp lines and I like a really taut pitch.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images

Re: ENO ProFly vs FastFly

I had them on my profly and I liked them.. I did notice stretch and mine was the pu coated nylon... I make my own but several vendors sell them... I use line locks attached to the tarp with small continuous loops... Then a fixed eye on the far end goes right around the stake... And the middle looks like...

That way even if the shock cord breaks I'm still attached and in working order... Also means I can crank down super tight because the shock cord isn't taking the full load... And just makes up for when it stretches out... But to each his own... Hand your own hang...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Brute1100 View Post
    I had them on my profly and I liked them.. I did notice stretch and mine was the pu coated nylon... I make my own but several vendors sell them... I use line locks attached to the tarp with small continuous loops... Then a fixed eye on the far end goes right around the stake... And the middle looks like...

That way even if the shock cord breaks I'm still attached and in working order... Also means I can crank down super tight because the shock cord isn't taking the full load... And just makes up for when it stretches out... But to each his own... Hand your own hang...
    exactly like he described, and I too experienced sag as it got colder. Couple times, since I don't use tensioners, I had to get out an tighten things back up.

Hammock
    DH Darien, DIY, ENO
    Tarp
    ProFly
    Insulation
    DIYUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Brute, that is an AWESOME idea! i like it and will keep that in mind when i get tarp. to clarify though, the grey line is a shock cord, and the yellow is not?
    Grant

Hammock
    HH/SLD/GTUL/DH
    Tarp
    WL BD/MLD UL/OES
    Insulation
    te-wa/KAQ/WL/HG
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I got my profly free in a contest a couple years back, other wise i probably wouldnt of bought it. It served me well but i upgraded almost right away. I still use it as a loaner which it works great for. IMO for $25 more i would of invested in the wilderness logics tad pole, better coverage and alot lighter. Small price to pay.
    But like i said the profly still gets some use and its easy to set up, i never had any issues with stock cord. Actually its still on it... once again all in my opion but you might love it, its a tough little tarp.

Hammock
    GT Double
    Tarp
    Eno Profly
    Insulation
    Thermarest/Mylar
    Suspension
    Paracord/Atlas
    I love my ProFly as well, definately a solid tarp! I'd only ever replace it for something lighter if I had to!!

Hammock
    DH Darien, DIY, ENO
    Tarp
    ProFly
    Insulation
    DIYUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    thanks for the opinions guys!
    Grant

• + New Posts