Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    try a prussic knot(3 loops instead of 2) on the foot end for shortening the triangle ,it works well for me. That way when you need to close the doors remove the foot end spreader bar completly,and slide the prussic down the triangle toward the hammock. Now you have no triangle at all. I still found it very confy without having to alter the origional triangle. When you no longer need the door shut slide it back out and put the spreader bar back in and your back to normal.
    Im 212 and had no issues with the stress on the head end spreader bar while doing this,its alot warmer too.

Hammock
    wbrr/d i y speer
    Tarp
    hg 4sccc 12 foot
    Insulation
    lynx/w/logics
    Suspension
    straps /pole mod
    Quote Originally Posted by 8Daddy View Post
    How do the shortened dogbones affect your hang? Do you notice a difference?
    I noticed no change in stability when altering the foot end only,but when you change the head end it gives you a little tippy feeling which increases as you get shorter.
    If you make the hammock more narrow by shortening the spreader bars,it gives you a lower center of gravity making for increased feeling of stability.

Hammock
    11'x72" 1.6 HyperD XL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    APEX TQ & UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    I think I may end up getting the carbon fiber spreader bars from Ruta Locura that everybody is talking about. I like the idea of using my trekking poles as spreader bars to save weight, but I like having my trekking poles free for porch mode and side pullouts.

I'm still considering altering my current trekking poles to see how I like them as spreader bars, but that project is on the backburner for now while I mull over my options.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    I am afraid to mess with the speader bars since I am 235# and there have been some failures for larger guys. I will stick with his beafier poles for now. I do like the idea of getting the custom CF tarp, but want to see how I like my 11x10 JRB first. I like the look of the bakers hut and may opt to have that option as well as one for storm mode so I can take either or depending on the forcast. I just do not like the look of having the tarp all the way down, unless weather is bad. So far I have used the BMJ tarp hung high in front porch mode, but I have not experienced bad weather yet. I do love my HG CF hex for my blackbird. Thanks for posting the photos. Lance

I have one with a 12' RL made with the panel pullouts spaced for a WBRR. I had a extra panel pull put in the middle on both sides for when I use it with my other hammocks.
    Their customer service is excellent and the quality of work is amazing. I really like the door tie backs. It's a simple solution but one of my favorite things on the tarp.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12