Tarp
    Weather Dependent
    Insulation
    Just Dependent
    Suspension
    Beckett Up Pardner
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    I scan through my friends list from time to time and so so many are long gone from being on here anymore. Life of a Forum I daresay.
    Folks move on.
    Some stay.
    Hey Hey HoHo.
    Shug
    Makes you wonder how many got turned off as the forum and hammocking in general grew more popular and mainstream. I know in the beginning there was sort of a counter culture feel to the whole thing that drew in a lot of people that liked being part of that niche. Just a random thought in the late evening.
    Once you're lost in twilight's blue, you don't find your way, the way finds you.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I am still here, though I have not been active since way back. In fact, it hasn’t been a conscious decision not to post, but life’s way of constant change. In the below video, my active hanging was at the time of the “shed” years. Now the need for beauty is covered by my day to day living, and thus the hammock has gotten second place. But the longing has been there all a long.

https://youtu.be/kKBTS8pKjLY

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Hi BlazeAway. Glad to know you're still in the game! I've always enjoyed your posts!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    Simply Light Designs Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Winter haven
    Insulation
    Pine UQ / WB Wooki
    Suspension
    Dutch Ti buckle
    Forums are getting a new spring. But just as life it's a series of waves. Some come, while some go.
    I was part of another forum for over a decade. Built it up from virtually nothing. Now I've moved on. That part of my life is behind me.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner Bridge
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    Lynx, hangtight
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    ....where do they all go?
    I have a bunch of Friends on here and when I look on there most are long gone or else just never post or maybe learned all they could and flew the coop or maybe went back to ground or..........
    What exactly is Friends for?
    I always approve a Friend contact but have never been sure what the deal is.
    Just a nice thing?

Always a bit forlorn to see how many are inactive.
    I am not looking for Friends......just curious as to what and what for.

Shug
    Hiya Shug- I think the idea is to make it easy for you to catch up on posts from people that are of most interest to you - but then I think you can follow someone too- so in that case, I'm not sure what the point of "friend" is, other than maybe making it easy to find someone when you want to message them?

Do not be forlorn, for people come and go no matter what the forum - Enjoy their presence while they're here, and wish them well in your heart when you see they are not

Dawn
    ~~~NJHEART2HEART Dawn~~~
    "Seek God, Embrace the Journey, Leave a Legacy of Love"

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Back to the subject of "Friends", I havee neveer been clearon the purpose or my responsibility for being friended.

Reading through this thread is a bit of a walk down memory lane. A reaal reminder of how much Hammock Forums has changed over the years.

Strictly my opinion, the things that drew me to HF originally were the detailed challenges to all things hammock related. I learned a lot about the technical aspect of how performance of material used in hammock is measured. Also so many creative ways to improve the comfort of my Hang.

I do wish HF had a place where ling term active member's passing is noted. Not to be morbid but just a noe to their passing.

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    I do wish HF had a place where ling term active member's passing is noted. Not to be morbid but just a noe to their passing.
    I totally agree with this idea. They do it at another site I frequent and even though I don't know that person, it's the thought that counts. Everyone make an impact, wherever they tread.

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    I scan through my friends list from time to time and so so many are long gone from being on here anymore. Life of a Forum I daresay.
    Folks move on.
    Some stay.
    Hey Hey HoHo.
    Shug
    In addition, some may not move on so much as get distracted, pop in, revert to lurking mode, respond here or there, then pop out, rinse and repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by alifeoutdoors View Post
    Makes you wonder how many got turned off as the forum and hammocking in general grew more popular and mainstream. I know in the beginning there was sort of a counter culture feel to the whole thing that drew in a lot of people that liked being part of that niche. Just a random thought in the late evening.
    I think there may be some of that. I also think that other means of connection through social media has continued to be on the rise and some of those who have camped together have migrated in that direction.
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hamhocker and I (mainly me) pop in everyday to see if I recognize anyone. A few old timers are still on here but not many. The forum, members and mods have changed a lot since I got on here. Not sure if that is good or bad but HF is still here.

We don't go hiking or camping down here since it is way to hot. We sold all of our camping gear except for the winter quilts just in case we ever decide to go camping.

I think the FB pages has taken away a lot of people from here and other outdoor sites.

Happy Trails to you until we meet again.
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    Hamhocker and I (mainly me) pop in everyday to see if I recognize anyone. A few old timers are still on here but not many. The forum, members and mods have changed a lot since I got on here. Not sure if that is good or bad but HF is still here.

We don't go hiking or camping down here since it is way to hot. We sold all of our camping gear except for the winter quilts just in case we ever decide to go camping.

I think the FB pages has taken away a lot of people from here and other outdoor sites.

Happy Trails to you until we meet again.

Hey there Ewker! Say it's hot down in Mexico, eh? I recently thought of you when I saw a picture of a bunch of folks eating breakfast on a cool fall morning at David Crockett park! Hope Y'all are doing well!

• + New Posts
  • Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast