Eno Pro Fly Tarp Mods?

Hey all,

I am a trip leader for the University of Georgia's outdoor adventure program and I was recently out in the Pisgah National Forest near John Rock (NC near Brevard and Hendersonville.) To sum up, temperatures dropped to around 10 degrees and snow fell overnight. Besides freezing in my New River/Eno DN setup, my Eno tarp proved to be rather useless. I used the stock bungee connections to each tree and during the night the weight of the snow caused the bungee connector to pop and my tart fell on top of me, and with it cold snow.

Do you guys have any suggestions for better/tighter/longer lasting hangs for the tarp?

Thanks!

Hammock
    WWM or tablecloth
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    shamu 40*
    Suspension
    UCR whoopie
    Images

Re: Eno Pro Fly Tarp Mods?

Sell it and buy a Superfly...

For almost the same weight you can get twice the coverage plus doors... I used my profly for a year+ and liked it except in cold, or wet or when I needed to keep light out(sleeping in state parks and in my back yard)... So basically it was a heavy not very covering tarp...
    Live, Laugh, Love, if that doesn't work. Load, Aim and Fire, repeat as necessary...

Buy, Try, Learn, Repeat

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl / DIY
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    How cold is it?
    Suspension
    Always Changing :)
    Replace the lines with some zing it or even mason line. Check out how some of the others are doing their tie outs and that will help prevent the bungies from breaking in the future. You should be able to stay pretty dry with that tarp, just need to pay a bit more attention where and how you hang it.
    If you ain't havin' fun, you're doin' it wrong

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ Doors
    Insulation
    HG Pheonix 20
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Hey Lagged_Harry,

Did you get this resolved? I just bought the ProFly and I don't want to run into this same issue while I'm in the Linville Gorge next month...

Hammock
    11.5' DIY Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    ArgonSil11'/wdoors
    Insulation
    20F Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkreese View Post
    Hey Lagged_Harry,

Did you get this resolved? I just bought the ProFly and I don't want to run into this same issue while I'm in the Linville Gorge next month...
    Replace the stock cordage with something else, I use Lash it (same thing as zing it, but grey)but anything that is static would work.

Lagged_Harry, I do a lot of camping in the Pisgah National Forest and the adjacent Shining Rock Wilderness (being a local) and know how the temperatures can drop like a rock. My gauge is to utilized at least 350 pound test line and above for my tarps. The weather in the Pisgah National Forest nd at altitude in the Shining Rock Wilderness is unpredictable. The wind on the 6,000 foot hilltops can be very strong. Take care and have a great time.

• + New Posts