DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Excellent report! I'm heading out to Ocala tomorrow for an overnight. Then on Sunday I'm going to try and hike through the fire affected area and see how bad it was. Bringing some trail blazing paint, if needed.

Hammock
    Hennessy Hammock Exp Asm.
    Tarp
    Henessy Regular
    Insulation
    none :(
    Suspension
    Whoopies!
    It was great fun to get away from work and school and go out to the woods with my friend and FLRider! I cant wait till another trip!!

Great job on the trip details. Everything went fine on the way back. we got a little bit of rain the 2nd night and that morning but all was well. However the last night was COLD!!! it got to around 37 and we were only prepared for mid to low 50s... I know for next time to prepare for 20 degrees below what the weather report says!

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    Fine report! Your word-pictures outpace photos by far.

I got a new firesteel kit a while back and picked up some extra rods to share with friends. PM me your address.
    Thank you! I'm a pretty poor photographer, so I try to make up for it here.

Thank you for the offer! PM will be inbound shortly!

Quote Originally Posted by lilricky View Post
    Excellent report! I'm heading out to Ocala tomorrow for an overnight. Then on Sunday I'm going to try and hike through the fire affected area and see how bad it was. Bringing some trail blazing paint, if needed.
    Thanks! I hope your trip goes well, and I thank you for your effort to ensure other trail users don't get lost! Thanks for all of your effort maintaining that section of trail.

Quote Originally Posted by Naha View Post
    It was great fun to get away from work and school and go out to the woods with my friend and FLRider! I cant wait till another trip!!

Great job on the trip details. Everything went fine on the way back. we got a little bit of rain the 2nd night and that morning but all was well. However the last night was COLD!!! it got to around 37 and we were only prepared for mid to low 50s... I know for next time to prepare for 20 degrees below what the weather report says!
    Glad to hear everything went well on the way back. Did that drop cloth tarp hold up pretty well in the rain? I hear you on the temperature differential; you'd think I'd know better after my first night at the 2nd Annual Hang (mid-thirties projected, got down to 21*). Your friend's feet are on the mend? Did he hike the whole way back in his camp shoes, and--if so--did they cause any more issues?

I look forward to the next trip!
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    The Purple People eater. 11' DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Superfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    WHOOPIE SLINGS!

Short Days, Cold Nights, Blisters, and Human Waste--What a Blast!: ONF 3/10-13

I have great memories of going down juniper springs in a canoe with my grandfather. It must be a beautiful place to hike through. Certainly different that MA!
    Chase your dreams without fear or hesitation!

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    To the great and wonderful, FLRider:

Thank you again for taking us on the trip. I had one window open to read and one window open to Googlemaps to follow along. I've said it before and I will say it again....
    ....Between Shug's videos and FLRider's trip reports, I'm a happy man. 'nough said.

As I sit on my backside, with my back in complete pain, I have a smile on my face reading the trip report and reliving the wonderful backlands of Florida. I cannot wait to have that special moment in time of a few days to spare and home-workload done to get out there with you all.

Good stuff.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lilprincess View Post
    I have great memories of going down juniper springs in a canoe with my grandfather. It must be a beautiful place to hike through. Certainly different that MA!
    It is, any time other than Summer (so, mid-April to mid-October is rough). It's most certainly different than the northeast: I spent my first decade in CT, and Ocala splits the difference between the absolutely flat south Florida scrub and the north Florida hills and oak forests. It's just about perfectly placed.

Quote Originally Posted by Floridahanger View Post
    To the great and wonderful, FLRider:

Thank you again for taking us on the trip. I had one window open to read and one window open to Googlemaps to follow along. I've said it before and I will say it again....
    ....Between Shug's videos and FLRider's trip reports, I'm a happy man. 'nough said.

As I sit on my backside, with my back in complete pain, I have a smile on my face reading the trip report and reliving the wonderful backlands of Florida. I cannot wait to have that special moment in time of a few days to spare and home-workload done to get out there with you all.

Good stuff.
    Heh, you keep up with the "Great and Wonderful" and I'm going to have to get a curtain, a speaker sound system, and some smoke machines to scare the tourists!

Thank you. You flatter all out of proportion to my skills with the keyboard. I look forward to seeing you out in the woods. Zukiguy and I might be trying to put something together some time soon; I'll keep you in the loop.

Thanks!
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Asym,USMC Tarp
    Suspension
    Beeners and Rings
    Nicely written , almost like reading a good book!!! Glad you enjoyed it!
    Luck is the meeting of Destiny and Hard Work.......................................

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardhead View Post
    Nicely written , almost like reading a good book!!! Glad you enjoyed it!
    Thank you! I most definitely did!
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    Weight Weenie Micro 56"
    Tarp
    HG CF
    Insulation
    HG UQ&TQ
    Suspension
    DG WS + Dutch Hook
    FLRider...excellent report...I have to get out soon...spring is coming....spring is coming...spring is coming...I think?

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonesat97 View Post
    FLRider...excellent report...I have to get out soon...spring is coming....spring is coming...spring is coming...I think?
    Thanks!

I envy you: Summer is coming down here. About a month until it's 85*+ every day, with 100% humidity. And that'll stay until October... It'll be time to put the hiking poles up and break the bike out once more; the cold Florida springs will be calling my name.
    --Floridahanger

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123