Ontario hammock noob

Hi!
    I extremely new to hammock camping I don't even know anyone that has even tried it. I think it's a great idea and can't wait to try it. I've been doing a lot of reading and am trying to figure out what I need vs what I don't need. I'm thinking about getting the Hennessy Expedition Asym Zip. I'll probably only be camping in or around Algonquin park Ontario from April to August. Do you think I'll be ok with just a sleeping bag and pad or should I spring for the Supershelter 4-Season Insulation System # 1 that they offer, or an under pad or quilt? I'm happy to receive any feed back or helpfully information. I will continue to search through the forums for more information as well.

Thank you in advance

Hammock
    1.9oz DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    DIY UCR
    Welcome from a bit west of you...near Goderich.
    The Hennessy is a nice hammock I used one for sometime and my wife still does. I can't comment on the super shelter...never used one.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Hello and welcome. I think you should try a bag and pad at first. You may be alright and should you decide to upgrade you can make a better decision having tried hammock camping for a bit. If you are interested, subscribe to this thread to find out when group hangs happen.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    hennessy exped asym
    Images
    Welcome aboard!
    I have the HH and was ok with just a bag and pad until I discovered my UQ. The pad works good, but it slips around quite a bit. I tried putting it inside my sleeping bag and wound up too hot and claustraphobic. I think the SS is for winter camping (which I don't do) but have heard good things about it. My advice: go to the Arrowhead Equipment site and have a look at a Jarbidge 3 season quilt. Regular price is somewhere around $100, but Paul puts them on sale quite often. I have the three season and love it! I've used it into late September/early October and have been toasty warm, and that's in Northwestern Ontario : )
    Debi

• + New Posts