Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    Academy tarp
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Webbing

Exclamation As new as it gets.

Ok i have been interested in hammock camping for several years now and have been tickled by the thought of getting a good hammock. i was looking at a decent starter hammock, maybe the ENO doublenest or the TTTM double?.

http://www.eaglesnestoutfittersinc.c...t-hammock.html
    http://tttmshop.com/shop/106.html

I am curious as to which hammock is more comfortable. I am also a college student and would like to maybe sleep in this in substitution of a bed. so obviously i would want the most comfortable.. but i don't want to spend more than say,,, 65 bucks.. i really like the ENO; however, im unsure if the TTTM is more comfortable or not.

I really appreciate you guys..
    THANKS

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Welcome to the addiction!

I have a TrekLight Double, an ENO single, a Grand Trunk Air Bivy, and a Warbonnet Blackbird. They all serve different purposes.

My Blackbird is by FAR the most comfortable hammock I've ever been in, but since you have a budget (and I remember my college days) I don't think you can go wrong with either on your list.

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    Academy tarp
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Webbing

Exclamation

Thank you very much for your reply. Wow the blackbird looks very nice. I may have to upgrade in time. So is the ENO doublenest and TTTM double too similar to speculate a winner? I want to get the best hammock possible for under 65ish bucks. I'm leaning towards the ENO but I think it is because I'm biased because the website is better. Who knows.

I just bought my first Hammock - The Warbonnet BlackBird - Just like Alan - I love it.

Couple of questions - you mentioned you want it to replace your bed (great idea, although tricky if you meet a lady at the bar) - does this mean you don't plan on backpacking/hiking/camping?

If you do plan to use it in the great outdoors I would try to get they extra money together. A built in bug screen is a great thing.

Being not to far removed from Graduate school, I can understand where you are coming from with the money issues. My suggestion is to save another month if that will put you in a BlackBird.

BEst wishes - by the way,what college and major?

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogbill View Post
    Thank you very much for your reply. Wow the blackbird looks very nice. I may have to upgrade in time. So is the ENO doublenest and TTTM double too similar to speculate a winner? I want to get the best hammock possible for under 65ish bucks. I'm leaning towards the ENO but I think it is because I'm biased because the website is better. Who knows.
    That's correct. They are too similar (if not exactly the same) to worry about.

If you are near a Gander Mtn, check them out. They carry the ENO brand.

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    Academy tarp
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Webbing

Exclamation

I think i'll do that. Thank you very much!!

Hammock
    It's a Secret.
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Slings
    Images
    You could always add a bug net later if you want to get started right away with a hammock. ENO sells a fairly good basic one that would work with most any hammock. Sure, it's not as weight conscientious as an integrated bug net, but it will work just fine.

Certainly not to steer anyone away from a Blackbird, but you can get the Hennessy Expedition for $98.00 from The Hiking Spot. However, if you're not looking at using it for backpacking, or mainly using it for indoors you probably should stick to the top loading style of hammock.

Your most versatile choice for indoors and out will probably just be an ENO with a bug net and tarp added later if you decide to use it backpacking. Either way, welcome to hanging.

Hammock
    Eno Doublenest
    Tarp
    Academy tarp
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Thank you very much. i do hope to use it inside and out.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    The bottom entry of the stock Hennessey is either a blessing or a curse. Many folks have a zipper modification do to the HH which effectively turns it into top loader. Others, like myself can't function without the bottom entry. I have mobility issues which makes it difficult if notimpossible to get out of a top loader. The ENO and TTTM (now owned by Grand Trunk formerly known as Travelk Hammcock are particularly difficult for me to get out of.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Images
    If you can save up for it, don't forget the JRB BMBH(Bridge hammock). It is an EXTREMELY comfortable hammock. And if you can't afford a down under quilt, it may be the very best hammock to use with a pad or pads in cold weather.

OTOH, if price considerations rule, I think the Claytor No Net is raelly comfy and about as comfy as any non-bridge hammock ( IMO, anyway ), still works pretty good with a pad, and I think it only costs about $45 including shipping. There are several good choices. The main thing is to get off the ground!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast