Page 240 of 258 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 2579
    Hammock
    My own custom made hammock
    Images
    Hello all! Really excited to read up and follow the forum. Have always been an outdoors person, and really enjoy camping and hiking. A good friend of mine tried out a hammock due to his dad talking him into it. Went on a 2 day hike, and cannot begin to explain how intrigued I was to a hammock and how quickly you can set up and how relaxing it looked. So once I did some research and my buddies dad walked me through a few things I decided instead of just buying one why not make them. I ran into a guy out camping who made a hammock for his buddy. I have always been a tent camper. So I. took all the advice I could, did research and now officially made my very first hammock. I tried it out and so happy with it I want to make more. Not only do I want to make the hammock I am learning more as I go to make tarps, UQ, and top quilts, also making my own tree straps. I did not know there was so much out there for hammocks. You truly can make it anyway you want. I am really happy with slowly making the transition, and really enjoy making them. After looking over other DIY projects and reading about everyone’s experiences I am truly happy to be apart of this forum and the hammock family ✊🏼✊🏼

I happened upon hammock camping while studying the best camping gear for motorcycle camping. Although I can carry more on a motorcycle than a backpacker can, space is at a premium. Today I binge watched a bunch of hammocks YouTube videos and took the bait Hennessy was offering of a free scout hammock with $149 or greater hammock purchase. I ordered an Expedition Classic for $149.95. I'll give this one a workout. I might upgrade the tarp and hanging straps. Not to convince the girlfriend she has to sleep in her own hammock.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

shug inspired me with his vids

Hammock
    Currently in ENO Single
    Insulation
    Big Agnus 15
    Suspension
    custom creation
    Hammocks looked like a great option for ATV camping and giving the ability for camping outside pre-designated sites while still being LNT

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    AHE Ridge Creek XL
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles

What made you a "hanger"?

I am turning 65 in a couple of weeks and I have been camping for over 40 years, beginning as a backpacker, then moving to exclusively canoe camping about 15 years ago because I was able to bring a collapsible cot that allowed me to sleep somewhat more comfortably. However, I would still get up with a stiff back. I read an article somewhere about hammock camping and bought a cheap, gathered-end hammock on Amazon. During the summer of 17, I gave it a try and slept really well. I had the same experience multiple times afterwards. Over the winter I researched hammocks, including using YouTube. I determined that a bridge hammock would be best for me and settled on the WBRR. Since last spring I have used it many times and it has worked out great, giving me a "new lease" on my outdoor pursuits. Because of my WBRR, this past year I was able to start backpacking again, doing multiple trips and finishing the season with a 32 mile, 5-day trip. I am looking forward to many more years of backpacking and canoe camping with my WBRR.
    "Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing."
    - Henry David Thoreau

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Sheltowee Shell 20

Hanging out and loving it!

Being outdoors is so much more enjoyable when I can sleep and sit off the ground. A friend let me borrow his WBBB for a trip this year, and I never looked back. Purchased my own setup from Warbonnet (great company w. really helpful people), watched a boatload of YT videos and got out there. I now need to get to know other hangers who like to camp and hike, so here I am!

My wife got into it so,I tried it.

I have an eno double nest. I like lounging in it at camp but figured I want to see about getting a lightweight set up for backpacking. Dove down the rabbit hole and here I am.

Hammock
    ENO SUB 7
    Tarp
    Profly Sil
    Insulation
    ENOVulcan/Vesta
    Suspension
    ENO HeliosWhoopies
    Shug!

That’s it.

Hello all. I'm new to the whole hammock thing. My background with camping are tents and a travel trailer, I have both, but I stumbled upon Trip Smith (sailing and such) and wanted to kayak camp....etc. I got a hammock this year for Christmas and I cant wait to try it out. I do love my travel trailer but it just won't fit on my yak.

• + New Posts
  • Page 240 of 258 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250 ... LastLast