Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WBSF in Sylpoly
    Insulation
    Mod' WindHard Tiny
    Suspension
    Webbing + cinch
    Basically finding a level spot with nothing poking up. Designated camp sites are fine but it becomes harder with stealth camping. Hanging a hammock makes sense in these situations.
    Also, its (for me) more comfortable to hang.

I was curious about the weird "hammocking people" I red about i swedish outdoor communities. In Swedish a "hammock" is a hanging sofa/couch from chains in a wooden stand you put in your garden. I soon realised they didnt mean this kind of hammock they used on their hikes https://edenwood.se/en/products/rela...hammock-honey/

I thought it looks very cosy to sleep in a camping hammock and 2014 I bought my first DD-hammock (Forest, double layer), then a HH Expedition Asym, Exped travel and som cheap China hammocks. Neither HH or DD didnt fit me well and had problems to sleep, but with my simpler Exped and China hammocks I sleep better, and from last summer I also have an UQ. Its possible that the down-UQ was the key to better sleep. I dont know.

Now on my sea kayaking trips I often have both a tent and a hammock with me. Sometimes there are no trees and sometimes I cant find a perfect spot for a tent!

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    TQ, UQ, UQP
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckle
    After backpacking with a tent for years and CONSTANTLY waking up in the middle of the night and the morning all stiff and sore and cramped up in the shoulders etc I started to search for a better way to sleep...to be honest it was Shug on youtube that made me make my mind up after watching some of his videos....I made the leap and immediately went out and bought a WBBB and SF and the rest is history.......I will never use a tent again.
    "Always pass on what you have learned" - Yoda

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC Single
    Tarp
    WB MountainFly
    Insulation
    Wookie + EE Revel
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    I've been watching Shug's videos for a few years after buying a ULA Catalyst and finding the link to his channel in the package. But I resisted buying a hammock for years because I typically camped in the desert South West and only occasionally in the forest. In addition to Shug's evangalism, three factors changed recently to push me over the edge and finally purchase the Warbonnet BB XLC on my wishlist:

1. After moving back last year to help out my mom in NC, I found the campsites and hiking much more compatible to hammocks.
    2. My shoulder started giving me trouble sleeping on my side on a pad.
    3. My little "dog" was never able to get comfy at night, repeatedly sliding off his pad in our shared bivy or the tarp's bug insert.

After our first trip I am a dyed-in-the-wool convert. I love the rigging, the swing and the snug feeling of being warm and comfy in a howling rain storm.

Hammock
    Juniper or Walhalla
    Tarp
    Trailheadz winter
    Insulation
    20° Etherial
    Suspension
    Straps/Breeze buck
    Quote Originally Posted by mas92107 View Post
    I've been watching Shug's videos for a few years after buying a ULA Catalyst and finding the link to his channel in the package. But I resisted buying a hammock for years because I typically camped in the desert South West and only occasionally in the forest. In addition to Shug's evangalism, three factors changed recently to push me over the edge and finally purchase the Warbonnet BB XLC on my wishlist:

1. After moving back last year to help out my mom in NC, I found the campsites and hiking much more compatible to hammocks.
    2. My shoulder started giving me trouble sleeping on my side on a pad.
    3. My little "dog" was never able to get comfy at night, repeatedly sliding off his pad in our shared bivy or the tarp's bug insert.

After our first trip I am a dyed-in-the-wool convert. I love the rigging, the swing and the snug feeling of being warm and comfy in a howling rain storm.
    Have you joined the Tarheel state hangers page on Facebook?

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Earlier I war simple worker on boring job in office. I worked there about 5 years and it was so difficult when you not on your place( Then I thought about my future... I want to relax and go away from my city to little town where lived my granny. There are many trees around the house and when I went to this place, I begun made some peace of relax. It was my first hammock)

Hammock
    WBRR/ Draumr XL
    Tarp
    Cloudburst/ Borg
    Insulation
    Ridgecreek
    Suspension
    Many
    I’ve never liked tents, a bit claustrophobic. I use a super thick pad when camping on the ground and being on a motorcycle my space is limited, the hammock saves me some of that space. I believe I get a better sleep in a hammock then on the ground. I really like laying in the hammock and enjoying the view when it’s raining out, can’t do that as well in a tent. I like the fiddle factor with the hammock.

Hammock
    Sparrow/Darien
    Tarp
    Palace/WinterDream
    Insulation
    Nunatak/LocoLibre
    Suspension
    Spider/J-Bend
    I have always been a ground dweller. Two years ago I bought my wife an Eno for her bday. I tried it out and it sucked. I googled it to see why it was so uncomfortable and found that it was far too small for me. Im not a small guy. I was extremely curious so I bought my first big-boy hammock (11') soon after. Ive since collected a small fortune in hammock gear. The pic is me in the Eno. At that point I had upgraded it to continuous loops, added a Ridgeline and added the beetle buckle dutch suspension. My butt is on the ground in the pic because the beetle buckles slipped and I was too lazy to get up and fix the issue.

IMG_2445.jpg
    Instagram: @tralenoutdoors

I went back to see the folks that posted on the thread in the beginning. I recognize a lot of names that no longer post on here and haven't in years. I read the post almost everyday but don't post much. Then again we don't backpack anymore and haven't car camped in 3-4 years. Not many places to go here.
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit
    Once upon a time at scout camp, I discovered a display of cheap netted hammocks for sale at the trading post. I decided to buy one, and experimented with sleeping in one for the first time ever. I fell in love, and soon led a division of hammock camping scouts in my troop. We would build what we called "hobo city", an assortment of intertwined hammocks strung between a campsite's best trees. Now, i'm working on perfecting my hammock setup for backpacking adventures. I recently purchased a new Dutchware hammock, and an underquilt is next on my list when I can afford it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 246 of 258 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256 ... LastLast