Simply Light Designs Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Wise Owl (for now)
    Insulation
    HangtightNaturhike
    Suspension
    Straps and DIY UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by Daaxt View Post
    With my bad back, I get a much better sleep in a hammock. I even replaced my home bed with a hammock. I use my ENO Nomad in hotels and when I visit relatives.
    How do you hang your hammock in hotels?
    New to hanging!

Hammock
    gathered end dutchware
    Tarp
    hennesy hex
    Insulation
    AHE new river
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Back in 2015 I found Shug on youtube. I was fascinated with knots and tarps coming from a bushcraft background. I never really gave it a fair chance until I went to a group hang and got my UQ set up properly. I went to the ground for a while but just always slept poorly and was uncomfortable. The older I got, the better a hammock began to look.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeCD View Post
    How do you hang your hammock in hotels?
    The Eno Nomad is a turtledog stand.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Daaxt View Post
    With my bad back, I get a much better sleep in a hammock. I even replaced my home bed with a hammock. I use my ENO Nomad in hotels and when I visit relatives.
    I'm considering replacing my bed with a hammock. I'm curious what material your hammock is made from.

I hammock camp (Warbonnet Eldorado) but part of me worries the material will be noticeably louder indoors relative to ambient sound than outdoors when I adjust my lay in the middle of the night.

But I feel like cotton would be too "grabby".

Any thoughts?

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeusrex View Post
    I'm considering replacing my bed with a hammock. I'm curious what material your hammock is made from.

I hammock camp (Warbonnet Eldorado) but part of me worries the material will be noticeably louder indoors relative to ambient sound than outdoors when I adjust my lay in the middle of the night.

But I feel like cotton would be too "grabby".

Any thoughts?

I use a Brazilian Cotton Hammock at home. I like the feel better than the the slick camping hammock (but I also Love my camping hammock, just not as much) We keep our house between 68-71* most of the time and I don't need an underquilt.
    bedroom hammock.jpg

Charlotte

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ
    Thanks for the reply, Charlotte.

That's reassuring. I've seen Brazilian Cotton Hammocks, and they're priced right (compared to fancy-shmancy camping hammocks). But I wasn't sure how commonly they're used as 100% sleep system vs. occasional napping.

I'm going back and forth between taking the risk of hanging from wall-mount system or getting a stand for indoors.

Wall-Mount
    Pro: Unhook one side connect it to the other and suddenly you have a lot of free space.
    Con: If you miss the stud, or worse if the stud you connect to isn't solidly built... you risk a fall and significant damage to the wall - and until you get it re-hung you're bedless.

Stand
    Pro: As long as you don't overload it, you're pretty safe from falls and damaging your home.
    Con: Most stands are pretty ugly... Don't really fold away.

On top of everything else, my wife and I will both be moving out of our 18 year old queen-size and replacing with hammocks, so risk is doubled with the wall-mounting. Or we'd need two stands.

I have a Tensa4 which I love, but even if I had 2 of them, we wouldn't be able to fit them side-by-side in the bedroom. Also, securing the foot side would be tricky. I also have a couple sets of Tensa Solos and Trekking Treez, but those would both be impractical in the house. Looking at the Yobo Hive, which wouldn't exactly look pretty in the house, but it can handle side-by-side hanging and doesn't require staking out.

This is probably the wrong thread for this conversation, so to bring it back on topic:

I started hanging a few years ago. I'd always tent-camped but was chatting with a friend who suggested I try hammocking. I'd never heard of hammock camping. She told me to google it, and I went down the usual rabbit hole. I bought myself an ENO double nest. Started playing around with various homemade tensahedron-style stands (usually 2x4s). Found the Ultimate Hang, Shug, and this Forum. I try to get out at least a couple nights a year, but until last summer I've only been able to do single-night hangs.

Last June I got out for a 3-night hang and now I dream of hanging every night.

Hammock
    Hemlock Mountain Redtail
    Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    Hangtight shiny
    Suspension
    Beetles
    Back in 2017 I took a trip back west where I lived in Dever, Colorado for 10 years to mountain bike with some buddies for my 40th birthday. We headed to Moab, Utah and set up a private camping spot . The guys had all brought tents with one of them setting up a hammock between two of the trucks tailgates and I claimed it the 1st night with the best nights sleep in my life for the next 5 days.

Still not knowing any better I bought a 9 ft Wise Owl set up that I car camped in for a few years and I kept looking at Hennessy's and this year decided to take the plunge but researched a bit and settled on Hemlock Mountain Outdoors 11' Redtail with some mods I requested and a Hammock Gear Journey Tarp. Can't wait to get my new hammock and tarp and start backpacking once a month starting in March!

Hammock
    Simply Light Designs Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Wise Owl (for now)
    Insulation
    HangtightNaturhike
    Suspension
    Straps and DIY UCR
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeusrex View Post
    The Eno Nomad is a turtledog stand.

Ohhhh, awesome