Page 254 of 258 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 2579

Talking

Well, I never liked reading books. I was too bored. Although I clearly understood that this hobby is much more effective than watching the feed on social networks or playing on the phone. In general, there was a desire to start.And as you understand, once I tried to read in a hammock. A friend had it. I didn't notice how 2 hours passed. I loved that divine feeling of relaxation and now I'm here. And yes, oh god, finally I learned java and started coding

Last edited by Dami_Heal; 11-02-2021 at 09:34.

I am tall (76 inches) and getting in and out of a tent is getting old. Really old. I can stand straight up under my tarp and sit down into my hammock and sleep with warmth and comfort. Just thinking about a night in the hammock is making me a little claustrophobic looking at these walls. I need to get out onto the mountain side.

Hammock
    Exped Scout UL, TTTM Pro Hammock
    Tarp
    Fullmoon Tarp TTTM
    Insulation
    AMAZ Advtr UQ UL
    Suspension
    Exped Slings with
    Images
    curiosity, practicality.. bugs & ticks I'd say.. one just has more liberty in pitching with a hammock.
    I love to wake up in nature and float instead of on a hard ground

a great inspiration was also Sven Künkele @sven.kuenkele thanks for your motivation and advice.
    adapt and overcome..

Hammock
    Superior Hammock / Dutch / Majestic
    Tarp
    Superior Shelter
    Insulation
    Superior Hammock
    Suspension
    SuperiorSuspension
    I got into Hammocks about 8 years ago. I stubbornly went about getting gear very slowly at first. My first hang I ended up on the ground thinking that parachute cord would not stretch as much as it did. I've learned my lessons the hard way. I continuously experiment with new gear and piece meal everything together. That is probably how many get started I guess. My motivation in the beginning was definitely to get up off the ground for the comfort of my back.

I really find it funny that so many people try and pass off as experts on YouTube making the same mistakes that I made in the beginning. I'm sure there are many on this forum who feel the same. That being said there are some amazing experts out there that I've learned a bunch from while trying to solve a need/want getting that perfect hang.

I would love to connect with some of you out there and start doing more with a group. Camping Solo is fun, but camping with other 'adults' is much more fun. I'm in central Illinois in case anyone is nearby.

Have a Great Hang!

Hammock
    Kammok Double Roo
    Tarp
    Kammok Kuhli
    Insulation
    Rumpl
    Suspension
    Kammok Pythons
    Probably 5 or 6 years ago I somehow stumbled across a gear sale from Kammok (praise be the algorithm! /s) that dredged up memories of sleepless nights camping as a kid sleeping on the ground. I'd never considered there might be an alternative, and bought one at a whim. First time I set it up in a local park I nearly fell asleep. My childhood joy of camping was rekindled. My home doesn't have hangable trees, so I bought a stand for the yard when I didn't wander out to local parks.

I think it was 2018 when I went to Garden of the Gods in Herod, IL for the first time (from a recommendation I found on here). I spent a week sleeping better than I have in a long time, and when I returned home, I couldn't fall back to sleep in my lumpy mattress. I tossed and turned for a few hours, then decided to set up my stand next to my bed; I was asleep within minutes. A week later I took apart my bed frame and got rid of my mattress. I've been sleeping in a hammock every night since.
    Last edited by purple; 03-02-2022 at 15:32. Reason: cleaning up censored language

I've yet to fully adopt hanging, but what is pushing me in the direction is that I'm sick of dealing with a wet rainfly in my face when exiting a tent and eager to have a better view!

Since I live in South America, it is very common to use hammocks to rest, both at home and at campsites. as soon as light hammocks appeared it became natural to sleep in them

I come from a long line of insomniacs, sometimes the best (only?) sleep I get is in a WBRR.

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    My wife kicked me out one weekend several years ago and bam, I'm a hanger

Hammock
    Off-brand cheapo
    Tarp
    ALPS UL
    Insulation
    Mummy bag
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    I got really inspired in 2019 when my son and I did a 5-day trip in Great Smoky Mountain National Park. For 3 of the nights we were sharing campsites with a solo who was hammocking and pretty ultralight. After humping all my stuff up and down this hills, it started to look mighty appealing.

My wife picked up a cheapo nylon hammock for me she spotted at Aldi at some point after that. I started thinking and tinkering, add a fly, I had a mosquito net....bought my wife an inexpensive setup off amazon and we took the plunge in 2021 on North Manitou Island for 2 nights. (Her first backpacking trip ever) and we were both hooked. Slept much better, carried much lighter.

• + New Posts
  • Page 254 of 258 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256 ... LastLast