Quote Originally Posted by BJohnson View Post
Well I just started using this forum and it looks like I joined it back in 2019. That's when I started looking into hammock camping. I saw my first hammock out on the Superior Hiking Trail while doing a day hike and got to talking to the people. thought it was a new idea to me and started youtubing it and discovered this one crazy guy that goes by Shug and he gave a lot of info about hammock camping and then I discovered the Marine on youtube as while and between the two of them I learned a lot. I joined this forum hoping to learn as well but youtube pretty much did all my teaching (sorry forum) and fall of 2019 I saved up my money and bought my 1st hammock a Hennessy and didn't get much use the 1st year cause I got it to late in the year but summer of 2020 I also bought a kayak and taught myself to kayak and went hiking and kayak camping all summer. now this winter I am just starting to learn to winter camp in the hammock and got my 1st underquilt being delivered today (01/22/2021) from what tracking says. so That's my story and how I got into this camping hobby. everyday I'm learning something new.
I am glad to crazily assist~~~
Enjoy the hammock quest and remember, you can only be new at something once.
Whoooooo Buddy))))
Shug