Hammock
    Dutchware Gear Chameleon
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear Incub
    Suspension
    Spider Web 1.5 J-B
    I've always had a stiff back tent camping but I was convinced I wouldn't be comfortable sleeping in a hammock due to the fact I like to sleep on my side. I took my fiances double nest out one night and slept great! Did my researched and invested in all my hammock gear (NO ENO STUFF!! HAHA). I only tent camp with my fiannce now and thats only because she isn't a hammocker...yet!

I had always wanted a hammock, but could never pull the trigger. If I thought "camping" I automatically went with the tent. Then, last Christmas, my girlfriend's mother bought me an ENO doublenest. I started by lounging around and loved how comfortable it was. Before i knew it I was t=watching videos about how to sleep comfortably, hanging systems, types of hammock, etc. So much more comfortable than gorund sleeping. Yes, you have trade-offs, but they are more than worth it I feel now.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HH 30D Hex
    Insulation
    CRO 30*TQ/20*UQ
    Suspension
    DW Bettle Buckles
    Tired of flat air mattresses, tossing and turning, and being wet on the ground.

I went on my first backpack trip on the Superior Hiking Trail a few years ago. Borrowed tent, sleeping bag, sleeping pad, and pack. I loved every minute of it except sleeping on the ground - ouch! I went home and searched internet for a more comfortable way to sleep when camping. Stumbled across hammocks and dove right in. My friends thought I was nuts but now they are starting to hang too!

Hammock
    DutchWare chameleon
    I have been drawn to the outdoors since early childhood and i have always loved to camp an sleep outside. Now that I am older, i do not sleep as well on the ground anymore unless I have a very thick air mattress. Since i still enjoy long over night bike trips I had to have a comfortable and light shelter solution. My friend Billy introduced me to the Hammock and now i am spoiled. I would rather sleep in a hammock instead of that air mattress.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    ENO House fly
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge UnderQ
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    Images
    I am 72 and wish to get into nature - hate tents - also there are places I want to visit but in no way can afford hotels and such - my Disciple got this crazy old man an ENO Double Hammock and Straps to attach it to trees without injuring them - just learning and came here to learn
    Last edited by Swami; 02-21-2019 at 22:15.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner Bridge
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    Lynx, hangtight
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I got into camping late - though hubby and I have enjoyed dayhiking together for years, I wanted to something different.. and I was researching preparedness when I came across a bushcraft forum (the best ). I started doing some fun bushcraft stuff in 2016 and that in turn inspired me to want to spend more time outdoors, and then I really wanted to do more camping. I have chronic back pain and sleeping on the ground, no matter how plush the air mattress, renders me hurting and doped up on Naproxen for days after. Last year I discovered this forum, and in September hubby and I were initiated into the hammock community via the Lobster and Lighthouse hang - it was sooo much FUN!!! but we still didn't sleep well in our borrowed hammock setups. The next day we both had the pleasure of trying out a bridge hammock, and we both thought "hmm.. now this is more like it!" Though hubby will be difficult to convince to try it again (I think he'd rather go to ground) I am convinced there is a comfortable setup for me, partly because I just love the big gang of hammockers I met and want to be a part of this grand community! I got a Warbonnet Ridge Runner for Cmas, and am waiting to try it out.. invested in a lynx full body UQ too. Looking forward to trying out my new stuff!
    ~~~NJHEART2HEART Dawn~~~
    "Seek God, Embrace the Journey, Leave a Legacy of Love"

Went canoe camping with my brother and his 2 young kids a few years back. He brought along his DD hammock because he could. I'd never come across such a thing before and didn't really get it tbh but when faced with the choice of trying something new or sharing a tent them, their horrendoclock body clocks and his snoring I thought why not.
    We were on a narrow Island, the weather turned and knowing what I know now the tarp was not set up in the right position. Anyway, I didn't have a great sleep but did have the most fantastic dreams of being on the high seas as the wind rocked the hammock and the rain splashed my face. Oddly enough I've been hooked ever since. The Mrs is yet to be convinced but hey ho.

Hammock
    Cheapo Nature's Hangout (for now)
    Tarp
    12x9 NH silnylon
    Insulation
    ChillGorilla U&TQ
    I was doing research on backpacking (I've done countless day hikes but I'm new to the overnight experience), and I kept seeing blogs and articles about hammock camping. I watched a bunch of YouTube vids (Sintax77 among others) and talked to a couple people I know, and I decided that hanging is something I am definitely interested in! Got all my gear, now I'm just waiting for the weather to warm up so I can test it out.

(Yes, I know that lots of people hike and hang in all four seasons, but being that I am an inexperienced backpacker and a complete noob hanger I wanna wait until death by hypothermia is less of a risk )

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Strap and buckle
    New to the forum. Bought a generic Amazon.com hammock for a MIL deployment. Wasn't sure if I would get to use it since I mainly use tents, bivy sacks, or poncho liners. Well, opportunities came up during the deployment that a hammock was a Godsend in disguise. Ended up using it on long C-130 transport flights and hooked up between MIL vehicles in open desert or aggressive terrain. Now I'm looking to up my game and get a decent set up for future field use.

I have already been looking all over the Net for info, products, ideas, etc. for what set up will work for me. I got on this forum in order to pick the brains of other hammocking individuals with decades(or more) of information for tips and tricks to make my journey more enjoyable in civilian and MIL life. Hope to learn more and give back to community. Thanks.

• + New Posts
  • Page 241 of 258 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251 ... LastLast