Page 248 of 258 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250 ... LastLast
Results 2,471 to 2,480 of 2579
    Knots...it all started with knots.
    During the quarantine tv marathons, I started playing with a piece of para-cord that I use on some of my rifle bags. I started watching you tube videos of different knots and came across some videos on hammock knots. Let me digress by stating the only thing close to camping I have really ever done was sleeping in a deer blind when I missed my pickup location time. So I’m watching these videos on hammock knots, the weather hasn’t turned hot yet and I start thinking, I live on a beautiful property and have never camped here. So I order a $20 all in one hammock from Amazon, grab my CPAP and a boat battery and drive out to a couple of trees and spend my first night. It was amazing. I come in the house, get on the computer and start shopping. Two months later, I have ordered a Chameleon with ALL the extras, an HG Incubator with UQP, a Res-Med Air Mini with battery, etc. Now it has come down to having “Coffee with Shug” videos every morning, doing searches on HF for all the questions I have, ordering more gear that I wont be able to use for another 5 months, and planning a hike through the HST next July.

Livin’ Corona Loca.
    Bryan

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    I love bicycle touring/camping. Hammocks first appealed as space and weight saving. I got my first in 2007, but was working too hard through the recession to camp much. Suffered cold butt syndrome through an otherwise awesome introspective 12-day ride down the Pacific coast in 2010, in which I had recurrent lucid dreams of holding a child version of myself in the palm of my hand, the palm being the hammock in which I was laying, my back feeling the hand, in an infinite recursion of oversoul, ancestor, father, me, child, all converging in the hammock, a simple implement of care and comfort. Finally bought an underquilt in 2011, and oh, my! Why didn't I do that earlier?

I divorced in 2013, determined to focus on the quality of my relationships and experiences over stuff, status, money. Moved out into a friend's semi-finished basement with a bicycle trailer load of stuff and hung a hammock. I haven't slept outside of a hammock since, and have greatly succeeded in the relationship and experience arenas, mostly.
    Last edited by Latherdome; 06-09-2020 at 20:17.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Dutchwaregear
    Insulation
    Wiggy!
    Suspension
    Becket - Dynaweave
    Shug Youtube...

Hammock
    Kammok Roo Double (Sand)
    Tarp
    MSR Wing 100
    Insulation
    Kammok Firebelly
    Suspension
    ENO Helios XL
    My buddy and I picked up ENO SuperSubs and their Helios suspension about 5 years ago and I was immediately hooked. Backpacked, and generally only used that hammock setup with a growing home made setup and still have it today. Slowly expanding the lineup, but I can’t sleep on the ground anymore, and there’s just nothing like hangin. Lifetime convert now!

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Sidewinder
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I hated sleeping on the ground and crawling out of a tent. I got to the point it wasn’t worth it. My wife suggested a hammock, I tried it, got the bug and now the whole family had hammocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Z
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Minifly
    Insulation
    Tigris el Cheapo
    Suspension
    Straps
    I was planning to camp the Texas Renn Fair with friends, and didn't want to be on the ground with the red ants and floodwaters we regularly get in October. After some time on the Google-Machine I encountered Shug's videos on youtube. A few days later a co-worker saw me watching the ridgeline series, and encouraged me to pick up a hammock. I saved until I could fit my Dutchware into the budget and I've been a tree dweller since, both camping and at home.

Thanks to this forum and it's members I've been reasonably successful in my quest for hanging comfort. Thanks team!
    "If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." - L Wittgenstein

Hammock
    DIY 11.5 ft 2.2 oz Hex 70
    Insulation
    HF wool DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling DIY
    I am a bigger guy 6' 300 lbs and sleeping on the ground was always a huge pain. I started looking on YouTube and came across a lot of hammock videos. looked like fun so i got a cheap Field and Stream double and after trying it in a tree I decided it would be better than my bed. Now I have 4 yards of
    2.2 oz HEX70 XL on the way and I am making my own.

Hammock
    Gathered end
    Tarp
    Hennesy hex
    Insulation
    Costco
    Suspension
    Whoopi slings
    Short answer is, the ground. Most of it has very hard pokey stuff on it. Then saw eno in the store then saw some of Shug’s videos. Which I thoroughly enjoy and appreciate.

Hammock
    DIY hammock
    Tarp
    DIY tarp 2x3m
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    The possibility to camp during hikes on rugged forest grounds or hill sides with a perfect view

Hammock
    DW Chameleon
    Tarp
    Tarpless
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Whoopie's
    Images
    I hung in a woven rope hammock for many years back into my early 20's. I'd schlep that thing in a couple miles sometimes! Although I liked it a lot, once I moved to CA my hikes started getting longer (out of necessity to get away from people) so a light setup became more appealing. I picked up an Eno off Craigs for cheap which really got my hooked on more serious hammocks. I tried sleeping in the Eno in my back yard and decided it wasnt very comfortable so recently ordered a DW Chameleon which I'm very excited about. Once that arrives I'll test it in the back yard then start doing some serious hikes with it!

I was never a good ground sleeper - im a back sleeper but my butt likes to be lower than my head, which a thin pad does not allow. I never got a good night's sleep on the ground so Hanging is the next logical choice!

• + New Posts
  • Page 248 of 258 FirstFirst ... 148198238246247248249250 ... LastLast