Hammock
    Vivere Brazilian-Style Double

Talking From noob to full-timer thanks to this forum!!

Just wanted to say hello here and introduce myself.

I'm not a hammock camper (or much of a camper at all, actually), but this forum convinced me to become a full-time indoor hanger!

See, a set of major life shifts inspired me to explore minimalism and I drastically reduced the amount of possessions I had. I got rid of all my furniture, including my bed and moved long-distance to pursue some sorely-postponed goals.

This blog post, titled "Seven Benefits of Sleeping in a Hammock" put the seed in my head of switching to sleeping in a hammock rather than replacing my mattress set. It also fit in perfectly with a minimalist lifestyle. Then I found a set of articles from TrekLight on "Sleeping in a Hammock" gave me invaluable practical info on the subject.

Finally, my research led me to this forum where the stories of full-time hangers and their collective wisdom made me feel confident that I could realistically make the switch from bed to hammock without looking back.

I got a great deal on a hammock and stand combo from Amazon and committed to full-time hammock sleeping.

I couldn't be happier. Not only do I have a minimalist sleeping solution that packs small enough for me to carry, hammock sleeping has alleviated many issues for me, ranging from insomnia to back pain. All these benefits have been realized in my first week of hanging!

I'm in love with indoor hammock sleeping and I can't imagine going back to a bed. Again thanks for all the knowledge and information that helped me make this switch. It has really improved the quality of my life!

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    I don't get out much but I sleep in my hammock every night like you. It's a thing I have to look forward to everyday. I was never this happy about sleeping anywhere else. This is a great hobby with endless solutions and methods, and will keep you interested for years to come. Welcome to the madness from guam.
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis &amp; Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Nice.
    I can't imagine a scenario that would get me back on a mattress full-time. Glad to know it's contagious.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Eno Dn, Sn, DIY &quot;Ahote&quot;
    Tarp
    DIY soon
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie and straps
    Welcome aboard!

I wish I could go hammock full time. I'm thinking the wife wouldn't take to kindly to such a drastic change.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    Welcome to HF!
    Terry

Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym
    Tarp
    Stock asym and Hex
    Insulation
    None for now
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I just ordered the same hammock. Not to go full time, but I'll let you know IF I can't help myself!

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Hammockgear
    Insulation
    Te-Wa &amp; JRB
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Thanks for sharing. Welcome to the forum from California.

Hammock
    GT Double/Single
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wallyworld CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Quote Originally Posted by Hototo View Post
    Welcome aboard!

I wish I could go hammock full time. I'm thinking the wife wouldn't take to kindly to such a drastic change.
    Exactly my issue. I take naps in the hammock all the time, and occasionally the naps turn into overnights, but she's already told me I am NOT allowed to go full time. I'm fairly certain from my testing that I'd sleep better in one too. I toss every hour like clockwork in a bed, in a hammock I don't move an inch all night.

I'm thinking I'll slowly work my way into faking a back issue to explain why I need it.
    "We're the Sultans of Swing."

Hammock
    Vivere Brazilian-Style Double
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish<>< View Post
    I don't get out much but I sleep in my hammock every night like you. It's a thing I have to look forward to everyday. I was never this happy about sleeping anywhere else.
    Exactly this. Now I feel like whatever else happens in my life, I know I'll be getting restful sleep!

• + New Posts