Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    I have 2 ENO DN. The 2nd I purchaced as a "ONE-LINK" system with tarp and bug-net. I have spent 20-30 nights and dozens of afternoon naps in these hammocks over the past year. I have been very satisfied. I get a comfortable flat lie. They are especially nice when the wife or the kids or whole family want to share the hammock. We have easily exceeded 400 pounds in the hammock with no worries.

I love the bug net. While a bit heavy, it feels durable enough to stand up to the abuse of my kids. The ENO tarp has kept my dry but, I could never keep it tight throughout the night. The slap-straps make decent fire-starters; I changed to whoopie/tree huggers right away.

I have almost always slept well in my ENO DN. However, I recently changed from a full length pad and synthetic mummy bag to down quilts, UQ and TQ. I now feel squeezed at the feet and top of my head. I guess the pad kept the edges of the hammock at bay.

I have begun exploring alternatives for my ENO DN but, I consider this to be an ideal FIRST hammock.

Good luck and happy hangin'

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Great hammock. However, check out my review at: http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=49696

Hammock
    Simply Light Design
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    LeighLo Down UQ
    Suspension
    Back to Whoopies!
    I have praised the ENO double for years, just look at some of my past posts. I have only just recently found a hammock that I like better. By no means should you think of the ENO as sub par. I returned to my ENO after hanging in a Hennesey, Warbonnet, JRB Bridge and a GTUL. Every one is different but I prefer a gathered end "open" hammock.

Hammock
    HED / ENO DN
    Tarp
    H/Hex
    Insulation
    HSS / Ember
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Thanks for all your input guys. I had the DN out this weekend for a test run with the bug net. I was very happy with it. I used the tarp from my HED but it's not enough to cover in a good rain storm. The DN will be my everyday hammock and I know it will serve me well. The HED is my camping hammock and it will still get plenty of use. I'm up to 5 hammocks now. I need to get this under control...lol
    "Hang In There"
    Leave It Better Then You Found It!!!

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    ENO Pro Fly
    Insulation
    Mummy bag
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I love mine! I ditched the slap straps, went with webbing and carabiners (works a lot better). I'm still playing with my set up (which is a ton of fun!) I've used a modified mummy bag for an UQ and a 32 degree down bag as a TQ. I've been to 32 degrees with no problems. I did use a Thermarest camp pad for my feet and used heavy thermals. Now I'm looking at a Hammock Gear UQ. The DN is a great hammock!
    "Hanging is soul therapy" -Jeff

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    MambaJamba
    Suspension
    Slap Strap
    I have slept every night for two years in my DN and love it. I am 6 foot 300+lb and sleep on my side. Byer of Main stand at the house and slap straps when camping. Looking for a UQ now and am leaning toward the polar pod.

Hammock
    ENO Single Nest
    Tarp
    GT Funky Forest
    Insulation
    CCF pad, PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Hi, I have a question for those who are saying the Slap Straps are junk, and switched to whoopies.

I bought an ENO SN late last fall, and along with it, Slap Strap Pros. I originally thought the idea of the straps in general was pretty ingenious (remember, this was the first time I'd really even looked at a hammock ) and since then, have gone on to learn about all these other accessories available.

My question to you is: Aside from bulky weight -- is there a specific reason you guys think the slap straps aren't very good? Someone mentioned they stretch, which I've noticed, but I figured that would be true for anything used to suspend my hammock.

Thanks everyone!

Hammock
    eno dblnest
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator/usmss
    Suspension
    tree staps/whoopie
    Slapstraps are nylon hence the stretch. Most use poly straps seeing they don't stretch

Hammock
    WB Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    Cheap Mummy/ Pad
    Suspension
    Dutch Spiders
    Images
    ENO sells Atlas straps which do not strech. But I have found when whenever I use my slapstraps I end up on the ground. Personally I like whoopie hooks with a continuous loop in the sewn in channel. Amsteel will break after the hammock breaks so if it is streching your on the ground with a broken but.
    Bacon and Camping makes me happy.

"When life gives you lemons throw them back"
    Me

I camp in bear country and I am a bear Burrito.

Hammock
    ENO Single Nest
    Tarp
    GT Funky Forest
    Insulation
    CCF pad, PLUQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Thanks for the super quick replies folks!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast