Hammock
    WB Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    PLUQ/Lynx Clone
    Suspension
    Strap/Buckle | UCR
    If you had a trip planned and wanted the hammock by that date, you should have mentioned it to him so he made sure you got it in time.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Got you beat B0b. I ordered my olive Superfly on March 25th. I'm in week 8 since ordering and no luck. Have missed a couple of events now, but I guess it must be special requests bumping me down the list. Looks like at least three to four people got theirs just in this thread that ordered after me.

C'est la vie. Just hope I can have it here by this weekend or next or I might have to go to the hardware store and make something to use temporarily.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    You really can't win - a guy bends over backwards to accommodate people and offer really personal, outstanding service, and others gripe about getting bumped down the list like they have been wronged by people asking for a favor.

I was starting to wonder why I checked these forums less frequently lately, now I guess I know.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustardman View Post
    You really can't win - a guy bends over backwards to accommodate people and offer really personal, outstanding service, and others gripe about getting bumped down the list like they have been wronged by people asking for a favor.

I was starting to wonder why I checked these forums less frequently lately, now I guess I know.
    Well, Mustardman, I suppose you could take my comment as a reason to proclaim, "that these forums just ain't what they used to be," or:

You could understand that I was merely offering my own experience in a thread where others are doing it and it's encouraged to do so. If my experience trends towards the negative, it's no fault of my own, as much as I wish it was. If you look through my meager posting history, you'll find me defending cottage vendors and the outstanding customer service I've experienced so far. In a Warbonnet thread, no less!

However, I know that we love to defend our companies and there is a lot of Brandon worship here, but I don't know if I can go along with the outstanding, personal, bend-over-backward customer service with Warbonnet because I haven't experienced it. In fact, of all of the numerous small companies I've dealt with over the last two months, I've found Warbonnet to be at the bottom of the list as far as customer service is concerned. Worth mentioning that Hammock Gear sits at the top.

I've sent a few emails to Brandon since I ordered on March 25th and I've found the responses to be fairly cold and detached. Canned, even. Compared to the unbelievable warmth and kindness from Hammock Gear and say, MountainGoat, it was a little strange, but I just chalked it up to personality. He's probably just a cool dude and doesn't have much time to be fussing around with emails.

However, cpverne mentioned:

If you had a trip planned and wanted the hammock by that date, you should have mentioned it to him so he made sure you got it in time.
    And I did so in a roundabout way. Three weeks ago, (one month to the day after I placed my order), I asked about the status of the Superfly. I was told the material was in and they were making some. Two weeks ago, I asked if I could get an idea of whether or not the order might make it to me by May 10th. I didn't specifically ask to have it by then, because I didn't want to bump anyone off the list that might have ordered before me, but the only response I received was a canned reply that "lead time to ship is three weeks." Well, it had been six. Now it's eight.

I sent another casual email yesterday to get the shipment status and am waiting to hear back again. Hopefully with good news.

Regardless, I think you're being unreasonable to decry my last comment as "griping" and I resent the implication that anything I had to say might be contributing to some downward spiral this forum may or may not be on.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 XL
    Tarp
    kelty 10x10
    Suspension
    straps / whoopies
    i ordered a wbb 1.7 two weeks ago and inquired to them about shipping. they said its about a 4 week turnaround.

I don't have anything against Brandon (since I ordered his stuff). His reputation of quality and design is outstanding. I also know that it is impossible to please everybody. The problem is that everybody wants their stuff ASAP. I don't know anybody that would order gears like this just for the fun of it, so EVERYBODY wants to use their new gears. I didn't try to have it faster (I guess I should have tried). The problem with this approach is that everybody will use this technic to have their stuff first. In a way, if you are lucky enough to have it first, don't put Brandon in a bad position by telling everybody that you had a favor.

I know that forum can't always be "fun". Why I wrote my comment is about shipping time (title of this subject) and why sometime the lead time is not as expected. This way, customers share experiences. For me, I know that Brandon is doing is best and I will order again from him.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk SBP
    Tarp
    Superfly

Warbonnet shipping times

Quote Originally Posted by B0b View Post
    I placed my order on April 10th (XLC and Superfly) and still no shipping notice...

Brandon is a nice guy, but because so many of you ask him "favors", I'll miss my next weekend trip (holiday in Canada, so 3 days weekend).
    I don't think it has anything to do with favors. He places some priority to those that have trips planned, but if I said - I had a trip next week...well no way.... I asked on the front end without trip notification and he said "about 3 weeks".... My guess is the XLC is what is delaying your order. Did you discuss with him on the front end your timing? As always he says "I will do my best".

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler 1.7
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Phoenix,Shenandoah
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Ordered a traveler hammock on May 4th. Emailed on May 9th to ask if it would be here before I left at the end of the month. Got a reply on the 10th. Shipment notification on the 13th, and it should be delivered tomorrow on the 15th.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I just checked in with Brandon and he says lead time is three weeks. I've been waiting a week already. I guess this is the price you pay for a well made domestic product rather than something from China. I'll bet he's swamped with orders at this time of the year, too.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk SBP
    Tarp
    Superfly

Warbonnet shipping times

Sounds like 3 to 4 weeks is the norm. While I am used to the Amazon Prime 1 and 2 day delivery - some other things are worth the wait...especially for the made in America tag...how often do you get to buy a quality product and discuss directly with the folks who are making it?

I figure this is a tarp to last a lifetime so it is worth it to me....I started to say "this is the last tarp I ever buy" but we all know that would be a lie...lol

• + New Posts
  • Page 31 of 63 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast