Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I'm thinking that most of those people hammock "vicariously" through you. Or maybe they're hammock voyeurs - they enjoy watching others hammock more than they like to hammock themselves.

Hammock on, Shug!

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Contrats on the 10 K of subscribers. I don't know how those number add up, but I think that everyone on HF watches every one that you post here.
    I think I meet you at the first northern hang before I saw you first video. Unlike others I had made the conversion to hammocks by then. Keep up the good work and I'll keep watching.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Hammock
    Danger bird
    Tarp
    Old man winter
    Insulation
    Incubator /Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies and strap

Tents

To go back to tents would be like going from blue rays to tapes.
    We make ultralight backpackers look like they don't know what they are doing.
    we make thru hiking look like a trip to the grocery store if we want.
    We camp on the deserts,mountains and waters occasionally.
    We are hammockers. The PHDs of the outdoors.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tallyabt View Post
    Congrats on 10K. This forum and your videos have reformed me from my tenting ways!
    Mighty nice of you to say. It was a job I had to do as I had the time.

Quote Originally Posted by miyanc View Post
    I think humor should dispersed within every walk of life. no sense of humor = unhappy person. When watching your videos it reminds me of what I try to do for my son and my cubscouts. Fun + knowledge = learned. ok enough with the mathematics this is a hammock forum we don't need mathematics... Congrats I am proud to be one of the 10000.
    Being an awful math student led me to all of this. And I thank. I learned from Teachers that I "felt" if you know what I mean. If they read to me from a book in a monotone drone...they lost me. Thus I failed.

Quote Originally Posted by UrsaMajor1887 View Post
    I was well on my way to an alternative camping style hanging in the wood. Shug along with this forum answered my questions and got me to hang in warmth and comfort and I am not sure that would of been the case otherwise. So, I consider myself saved and Shugmotized!
    Congratulations on your 10,000+
    Mighty fine...right on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Habitat View Post
    Congrats on the 10! I'm definitely guilty of watching and re-watching your videos over and over. The info is wonderful and thanks to you and hammock forums I'm a converted hammock camper!
    I hope the hammock adds joy to your life. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by harleynemo View Post
    I too found this forum only through your videos.....and thanks to you, my PayPal account has never seen this much activity.
    Thank you for all your humor and teaching.
    Yeah...I am on the PayPal Board. .....................just joshing.
    Hope you have good hammock time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk-eye View Post
    Major congrats Shugrow my friend on the big 10K. Can't think of anyone I know that deserves as big an atta'boy as you do my friend!!!
    It baffles me mightily))))) Thanks deeply.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WB, ZPacks
    Insulation
    Incubators/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoppie/Strap
    Images
    Shug, you make me smile Something I find increasing hard for me to do day to day. Thank you for that. You are the consummate Showman. It doesn't surprise me at all that people want to follow your channel.

Congratulations on your achievement. I wish you much continued success with your channel.

All the best,

S

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiknhanger View Post
    Shug,

Congratulations! I am not surprised at all. You have helped me learn a lot, especially how to back up a video on Youtube since I am laughing so hard I miss some of the information you are laying down! I still picture the one where you tilt the A-frame ladder over, roll a couple of times into your shirt, then into the hammock. A true classic! Please never think we get tired of them!
    Ahhhh...the acro-hammock entries. Fun time. I had to rub on balm after all that!
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellke View Post
    Shug... don't change the videos or try and edit them to just the essentials. If you do anything, do more along the same lines. It's the light-hearted way you present everything that makes me come back time after time.
    Heck, I even watch your dog gone BBQ videos just to see what may happen.
    No, don't even consider changing anything. Just keep them coming!!!
    I will.....I don't think I have the capacity for seriousness.
    Thanks for that.

Quote Originally Posted by NarlocB View Post
    10,000 is not unbelievable to me. While I watched the hammocks for noobs, because i am a noob, I found your sense of humor as well as the technical preparation of the videos made them completely amazing to watch.
    Your knowledge is what drew me to the video's. The pure entertainer you are keeps me watching all of them over and over again. You sir were born to entertain and for that I thank you.
    Well they are for my own fun an a load of self-indulgence. The editing is what I enjoy and crave. Putting on the blarney is a necessity for content no matter what it be. I go scriptless.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD777 View Post
    Congratulations on the 10,000+ Shug!
    That proves that there are at least 10,000 folks out there that know good entertainment when they see it! As a bonus, they learn something too.
    Every time I watch one of your videos, I want to go drop the temperature on the A/C!
    I have learned that in time you will get loyal watchers if you keep putting videos out.
    Most of the time I embarrassed my self watching myself over and over in editing.........feel daunting every time.

Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    Your hard work has brought smiles to many!
    Congrats on the milestone.
    Thank you Gargoyle. Not hard though or I would take a pass on the endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by thematt View Post
    I found your videos while looking for ideas for a new diy alcohol stove and stayed for the hammock info. Thanks for getting me back into hammocks.
    Ahhhh....a twoferone. That is cool. I don't do as much stove stuff of late. Lots to always answer on those videos and one always misses something. Try to just show them on a Trip Report for the most part.
    May you hang well.

Quote Originally Posted by old4hats View Post
    This causes me to remember the first time I stumbled onto one of your videos. My wife was watching with me and she turned to me and asked "is that guy for real?", my reply of I don't know was just a reflex. I surfed on that night and thought no more about it. I soon found HF, and what do you suppose I also found? Yep, someone urging a noob to watch the Shug videos to learn more about hammocking, and being a noob myself I did. Much fun, information, and entertainment soon came my way. Thanks, and please keep the fire burning.
    I am kinda loud)))))) I can do no other way. Glad that you found your hammock groove.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish<>< View Post
    I am proud to say that I am one of the 10005 subs. Your videos led me here about a year ago and to justjeffs hiking page which allowed me to get to hanging easily. Made my own hammock, slings, and straps to get airborne, then made a pluq for insulation after finding the pad wasn't gonna cut it. You are easily an inspiration to all, and deserve all the attention you receive. Thanks for being one of the spokesmen of our group.

Fish<><
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainhanger View Post
    I too am one of the 10 k subscribers, actually your the only one i think i do subscribe to!
    i just wanted to say congrats and thank you for all you do for humor and wisdom..
    For the humble and the meek...shall roll around and act a clown so we all feel a little more connected to one another
    may the trail rise to meet you and the sun set upon your porch mode and may your cares and worries swing away with the breeze my friend
    Clowns have time. Video is an exercise in face time. Thankee.

Quote Originally Posted by hikingdad View Post
    That's a crazy amount of subscribers! Although I'm not surprised at all... Even though I've never actually met you (although I came close at the frozen butt hang) I know that you're a great guy and this is well deserved...can't wait to watch more of your videos!
    We shall meet in the cold for sure. Appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    I'm thinking that most of those people hammock "vicariously" through you. Or maybe they're hammock voyeurs - they enjoy watching others hammock more than they like to hammock themselves.

Hammock on, Shug!
    To true. Some tell me that. Have a disabled guy who always comments. It is cool. Now I have an excuse to get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Bear View Post
    Contrats on the 10 K of subscribers. I don't know how those number add up, but I think that everyone on HF watches every one that you post here.
    I think I meet you at the first northern hang before I saw you first video. Unlike others I had made the conversion to hammocks by then. Keep up the good work and I'll keep watching.
    I will always remember that hang. it was a goody.

Quote Originally Posted by saniun View Post
    To go back to tents would be like going from blue rays to tapes.
    We make ultralight backpackers look like they don't know what they are doing.
    we make thru hiking look like a trip to the grocery store if we want.
    We camp on the deserts,mountains and waters occasionally.
    We are hammockers. The PHDs of the outdoors.
    Wonderful prose ala hammock.
    I am no Academic......more of a A/V Aid. But still studying.
    Thank you.

Hammock
    DIY,Speer,Tbird, JRB
    Tarp
    HG CF, MacCat, GG
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Speer,UGQ
    Suspension
    numerous, seasonal
    Images
    Another congrats on the 10K mark

Your videos are the best entertainment around and most informative.
    Learning has to be fun

I built some hammock stuff for the BIL recently, and sent him the link to your page, telling him, "watch these", learn, and be entertained at the same time.

He called tonight, he watched 6 on the train home from work tonight. He was pretty giddy
    Life's A Journey
    It's not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body,
    But rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
    Woo Hoo!....What a Ride!

My PHOTOS

My VIDEOS

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    Shug, you make me smile Something I find increasing hard for me to do day to day. Thank you for that. You are the consummate Showman. It doesn't surprise me at all that people want to follow your channel.

Congratulations on your achievement. I wish you much continued success with your channel.

All the best,

S
    The tougher the smile to earn....the more rewarding. On stage I go for the dour
    I appreciate it.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TZBrown View Post
    Another congrats on the 10K mark

Your videos are the best entertainment around and most informative.
    Learning has to be fun

I built some hammock stuff for the BIL recently, and sent him the link to your page, telling him, "watch these", learn, and be entertained at the same time.

He called tonight, he watched 6 on the train home from work tonight. He was pretty giddy
    Hey TZ Brown!
    That is good of you to do and to say.
    Bet he needs a quiet repose as of now.

Hammock
    Cave Creek Hammock (Hexon 1.0)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Huggers
    If you are surprised people watch your videos, then you should be surprised that people come see your show. You are a funny funny man Mr. Shug, and us folk enjoy watching your videos.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast