Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Acer, I know the Neat Sheet will be a lot heavier than the UQP you have. Not sure how well it will work though.
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    Wow..just looked up the price of a Neat sheet at Amazon. They got to be kidding! $74.95. I bought one a couple of years ago for I think under $12.00.
    I have a small piece I use for under my hammock and it works well for that. Not sure how it would work for a UQP. I think its pretty tightly woven stuff and may be more in the line of a waterproof material. Condensation would have to be considered when using it.
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Quote Originally Posted by 2Questions View Post
    Wow..just looked up the price of a Neat sheet at Amazon. They got to be kidding! $74.95. I bought one a couple of years ago for I think under $12.00.
    I have a small piece I use for under my hammock and it works well for that. Not sure how it would work for a UQP. I think its pretty tightly woven stuff and may be more in the line of a waterproof material. Condensation would have to be considered when using it.
    $ 74.95

not that I didn't believe you but I just had to look and see for myself...that is unreal that something that was so cheap a few yrs ago is now that expensive

Oh well it was worth a look to see if it would work as an UQP
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    ZQ here....I just looked again to see where one might buy a neat sheet. The only place I could find one was on amazon and eBay. EBay they were $30-40.00. I'm thinking they aren't made anymore!
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    Just got home from work and made this quickie video for tonite. It took me about 10 minutes to rig my Dutch Quilt Clips to the 4 corners with very small nylon chord that I threaded thru the loops of amsteel in place of the steel rings I cut off bridge hammock when I did Professor Hammocks modification of a JacksRBetter BMBH UL bridge hammock. I wanted to show this new UQP that is the breathable version that 2Q & ZQ have been working on. They have made 2 sets of small nylon sewed on loops for you to attach your UQP to a bridge hammock. This UQP has small shock chord down each side as well as on each end. I added at each end, where the shock chord is, 4 small chord locks to pull the end material as tight as I wanted. The only attachments to the hammock are on each corner using the 4 Dutch Quilt Clips that are nylon and 90 cents each. Total weight of the UQP is 6.4 oz. This is a quick video so forgive my mistakes here and there in it with some captions making up for the mistakes. Later this week, I will make a complete video of my entire winter setup for my bridge hammock. 2Q & ZQ has made a very perfect piece of protection once again and I see no needs for modifications anywhere at all, on it. To me, its perfect and only takes a couple of minutes, if that, to clip it to the hammock and pull the shock chord here and there, as tight as you want it. Notice in the video, even the ends of the hammock are protected from wind and blowing rain, and should give the hanger, a few more degrees of warmth. Will test hanging this winter and keep everybody abreast of the progess of warmth as well. Thanks to 2Q & ZQ for another very fine UQP. Any size or thick quilt will fit inside the UQP also. Enjoy! I know I will!

Quote from You Tube "This video is unavailable."
    I collect vintage camp stoves.
    I roast coffee at home.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234