Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images

so does 250 mean 250?

even my questions have questions... I posted in the wtb section and figured I need some figuring.

if I weight 245ish depending on the day and I buy a hammock( bias for the sake of discussion) and its lbs max is 250 am I going to brake it in a few nights? I am well aware I need to misplace a few.

anybody ever field test the weight limits?

Hammock
    DIY 1.1 single-layer
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Hex
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & SOL Bivvy
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie slings
    Images
    Why take the risk of upsetting a glorious night in the sack... er, hammock. Go the next level up and hang in peace.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    If you are concerned about weight limits, then don't push the limits. Instead of Weight Weenie, look at the BIAS Camper in 1.9 oz. ripstop. Yes, the Camper is heavier (12 oz. as compared to 8 oz), but 4 oz. is a small price to pay for peace of mind.

Personally, I like a double layer. I have a BIAS DL in 1.1 oz ripstop that weighs around 12 oz., which is pretty light.

Hammock
    Cave Creek Hammock (Hexon 1.0)
    Suspension
    Whoopie Huggers
    I was watching a interview of a guy from ENO earlier and he said the hammocks could hold more than the limit they recommend. They lower the limit just to be on the safe side.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I've slept in plenty of single layer 1.1 fabric hammocks and I weigh about 240.
    They stretch a lot, which significantly changes the comfort level of the hammock. Some folks actually like the extra stretch, but I'm much more comfortable in a single layer 1.7/1.9 hammock. Double layers are even more gooder.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    Work in Prog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    If you are concerned about weight limits, then don't push the limits. Instead of Weight Weenie, look at the BIAS Camper in 1.9 oz. ripstop. Yes, the Camper is heavier (12 oz. as compared to 8 oz), but 4 oz. is a small price to pay for peace of mind.

Personally, I like a double layer. I have a BIAS DL in 1.1 oz ripstop that weighs around 12 oz., which is pretty light.
    the camper is the one that the combo comes with. I think its rated up to 300. Adding the double layer is 40 more. I have a few camping opportunities coming up and wanted to hang for them. I just don't have the funds so I am trying to get something before I go. I may end up going for the double but I am figuring my options. I also hope to getting smaller. Backpacking can only help.

Hammock
    WWM,ENO SN, DIY,WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly/Tadpole
    Insulation
    DOWN :)
    Suspension
    Strap & Whoopie
    I use a WBBB 1.7 SL and I weigh 250ish lol and haven't had a problem most hammocks have a Conservative rating by manufacture.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I too have wondered about the weight limits. ENO seems to have the same weight for both the single and double nest. I was given a hammock with a 200 lb limit, I assume that weight limit includes anything that you might want to keep in your hammock with you, such as a pack, or a large book.

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Okay, I have to admit, my dog sleeps in the hammock with me and she is a bit heavy.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Hall View Post
    I was watching a interview of a guy from ENO earlier and he said the hammocks could hold more than the limit they recommend. They lower the limit just to be on the safe side.
    Did the interviewer then ask "the safe side of what?"

Did the ENO guy reply "our customer's health and well being" or did he say the truth: "the safe side of a lawsuit by anyone injured who exceeds the stated limits...."

I doubt ENO's got your back if you get injured using their product beyond the stated limits. They'll deny that ENO guy was qualified to make such statements, and they'll claim that at the time he made those statements he was not speaking on behalf of the company.

BTW - that's not limited to ENO - any manufacturer would do the same. That is why there are expiration dates on bottled water - they don't want a 10-year shelf life on potential product liability.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast