TTTM single
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    rope and straps

Broken collarbone and hammock.

What You folks think about sleeping in brazilian style hammocks after fractured clavicle? I crashed pretty badly with relatively high speed (45-50km/h at crash moment) in cycling race last sunday and first time got a broken clavicle bone but fortunately my Bell Sweep R helmet saved my head by taking impact from tarmac.
    Of course got also several bruises and torn long sleeve jersey badly, not repairable.
    One my workmate told I could got to knit that clavicle wrong but I think it wouldn't be wrong at all. I got 8 style brace on my shoulders.
    Sorry if I posted in the wrong place, I could not decide where to post in general hammock talk or to roundtable off topic.
    Added first x-ray taken approximately one and half an hours after crash. That pin are hanging from torn off race number at crash.
    Ride fast
    Live fun

Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Wow, I am so sorry to hear about your accident. I pray you will heal fast. I don't know if hanging in the hammock would help or hinder. It seems it may be hard to get in and out of it, but I don't really know.
    "No whining in the woods"

Hammock
    DL1.1XLC/ BIAS WWM/ DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/ DIY
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    depends...
    Well good luck on a speedy recovery...drink lots of milk. I wouldn't know what to say about sleeping in a hammock with that injury though. Ask your doctor and see what he says.
    "We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it."- G. W. Sears

My forum name is Fish<><; I'm in the navy; and I hate sleeping on the ground. If I didn't need ground to walk on or measure resistance to, I think I could happily give it up.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    DIY Asym
    Insulation
    DIY Modular Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopies/MSH
    Images
    +1 on asking your doc. (S)he has spent a significant portion of his or her adult life studying the human body and how it repairs itself. You're going to get a better opinion from him or her than you will from a buncha random folks over teh interwebz (no matter how nice the lot of these folks here are).

That being said, I'd be awful careful about using an hammock. I find that shoulder squeeze is the primary concern for me in an improper hang, and that'll put pressure right where you do not want it with a broken collarbone.
    "Just prepare what you can and enjoy the rest."
    --Floridahanger

Hammock
    Dangerbird, (custom) thanks Papa
    Tarp
    10x10 DIY
    Insulation
    DIY insultex.
    Suspension
    Woopie, UCR
    Helmets work. Glad you crashed while having fun. Ihope it heals well, find a good book, Crime & Punishment or The Jungle by Upton Sinclair.

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    I'd listen to your doctor over a workmate BUT I'd definately get that safety pin removed before the bone knits.

Srry you wiped out.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    How is your bike?

If I were you, I would also ask your doctor about their thoughts on the best sleeping position.

If you need to lay on your back, you may need to invest in a bridge hammock.

A great excuse to buy another hammock

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Yep helmets do work. You should see the battle scars on my kevlar paddling helmet!
    Get well soon and the bridge hammock idea is a good one!
    Cakes
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    TTTM single
    Tarp
    MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    sleeping bag
    Suspension
    rope and straps
    That safety pin hanged loose on that torn jersey where race number torn off in crash and Doc missed it before x-ray and this pin have nothing to do with that collarbone.
    Latvian Docs not familiar with those brazilian hammock at all. I found pretty comfortable position on halfway bitween sleeping on back and right side, gotta wiped out and got direct hit on the left shoulder with tarmac and heard that snap.
    Are those bridges not prone more to shoulder squeeze? I can't get comfortable on that flat bed for all night comfort. Have little bit hard time getting out of hammock but not so severe but getting in no problem at all.
    I decided to ask because hammocks in Latvia not so popular, more popular strangely are those fishnet with spreader bars variety than original brazilian ones and all who sees that brazilian hammock firstly ask how You can sleep in it without wreking your back because no one knows how to sleep in it
    This time I wrecked myself more than bike itself. Front tire with that side fore snapped over rim and bent rear derailleur and scratches here and there but nothing severe this time and I shocked by a fact that those 16 spoke with paired spoke technology Bontrager wheels with aluminium rims not out of true at all.
    Ride fast
    Live fun

Hammock
    DIY double layer
    Tarp
    Guide Gear
    Insulation
    Pad or DIY quilt
    Suspension
    rings and strap
    Images
    I have one of those, also from a cycle ( motorcycle) accident. I never went to the emergency room and only had it xrayed after I noticed the clavicle looked strange from the outside.

It is loose (unknit) and this has not affected my hammock comfort. My right index finger has been kind of numb since then.

During recovery, I slept best on my side, (Probably with the injured side up although I don't remember now). I do remember that a lot of pillows were involved.
    grinder

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast