Tarp
    Cuben with doors
    Insulation
    FlThrwr UQ+DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kwchannell89 View Post
    On the third illustration, the black line is just the folded line and the red is where you sew after the fold, right?
    Correct!!

Quote Originally Posted by kwchannell89 View Post
    Basically you put your hammock inside this bug net as if you are putting something in a bag?
    Also correct! That's a good analogy. Thanks for asking!
    "Pips"
    Mountains have a dreamy way
    Of folding up a noisy day
    In quiet covers, cool and gray.

---Leigh Buckner Hanes

Surely, God could have made a better way to sleep.

Surely, God never did.

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Fantastic Pips! I've made your creation both as a bugnet with tulle and netting plus as a winter sock with D8. Great design! The winter sock really doesn't need a top cap since a bit of ventalation is good anyway.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    I actually don't sew or velcro anything to my roof cap. I want the option of just dropping the bugnet from under it and adding my overcover/sock inplace of the bugnet, which will work the same way as the TED, leaving my cap in place. It's been working great without sewing or velcroing anything. Your shockcord has to be strong enough to hold it all together. Similar to putting an elastic bed skirt on your bed, but your doing it with your hammock. The ends of the hammock holds it all up and together.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    Chinook 12 x 9.6
    Insulation
    Mummy bag
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    I actually don't sew or velcro anything to my roof cap. I want the option of just dropping the bugnet from under it and adding my overcover/sock inplace of the bugnet, which will work the same way as the TED, leaving my cap in place. It's been working great without sewing or velcroing anything. Your shockcord has to be strong enough to hold it all together. Similar to putting an elastic bed skirt on your bed, but your doing it with your hammock. The ends of the hammock holds it all up and together.
    I'm with you DivaB. I made my cap out of some ripstop leftovers. There are pics of it on the original thread. I used some #16 metal snaps to hold the ends tight over my suspension, and I sewed on a loop of zing-it in the center that I tie onto my ridgeline to keep it from rolling off. The net is totally independent of the cap, held on by the tension of the shock cord over the ends of my hammock. Works great.

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Pics of my hammock are here http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=54769

Pics of the one I made my mom are here http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=53004

Hammocks are crinkle taffeta tablecloth from http://www.tableclothsfactory.com/De...p?Redirected=Y Both of the above hammocks happen to be the 90" wide

The roof cap is a matching roll of this 12" x 10 yards, with two sections sewn together. Even with this length of hammock there is enough yards to do a roof cap, a matching ridgeline organizer and one side of a small pillow, the other side of the pillow with fleece (takes care of hot weather and cold weather ) http://www.tableclothsfactory.com/SearchResults.asp

My set-up and my mom's are not for the ultra light at heart, but we both absolutely love our setups. I have not been in my Eno DN since.

Senior Member Michelle the Camper's Avatar
    Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Maccat clone, OES
    Insulation
    PLUQ & DIYdown
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    Fantastic! I think I might try to reconfigure the bottom entry bugnet into a TED.
    thanks a lot

I have a question! When you sew the channels & thread the shock cord through, the bug netting will be free to slide along the shock cord, is that correct? Not unlike a UQ with shock channels. My question is: does the hammock itself keep that from happening ? It seems to me that when you reach up to lower the side to enter or exit the netting would slide along the shock cord! What am I missing?:
    Maybe I need to view your video again!

Hammock
    Too many to list
    Tarp
    Cuben with doors
    Insulation
    FlThrwr UQ+DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies + straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nu2hike View Post
    I have a question! When you sew the channels & thread the shock cord through, the bug netting will be free to slide along the shock cord, is that correct? Not unlike a UQ with shock channels. My question is: does the hammock itself keep that from happening ? It seems to me that when you reach up to lower the side to enter or exit the netting would slide along the shock cord! What am I missing?:
    Maybe I need to view your video again!
    Yeah, you might be over thinking it a bit! You're correct, the shock cord moves freely inside the channel--or, as you say, the netting is free to slide along the shock cord.

It's simply not a problem to reach up and pull the shock cord under your butt and get out of the hammock. Remember, the netting is AS LONG AS YOUR HAMMOCK (NOT your ridge line, your HAMMOCK). So there's enough netting to stretch down under your butt. When the shock cord is stretched down under your butt, the netting is stretched out without any gathering in it. When the shock cord is snapped back to the top, the netting is a little gathered. Make sense?

Maybe I'm not addressing your concern exactly, but there really is no problem as you can see in the video (if you can stand to watch it again! )

Thanks for your interest and best of luck. Please post again if I haven't answered your question!
    "Pips"
    Mountains have a dreamy way
    Of folding up a noisy day
    In quiet covers, cool and gray.

---Leigh Buckner Hanes

Surely, God could have made a better way to sleep.

Surely, God never did.

Hammock
    DIY DL 1.1 Ripstop
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    New River Full UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies n' Spike

cutting off the excess material off your TED bugnet?

I'm thinking of using your exact design, but for a winter sock (as have many others).

My only question is after you have both sections already channeled with shock-cords in place; what do you mean "cutt off the excess material"? If you sewed both pieces together at the bottom and then cut along the dotted line as your diagram depicts, doesn't that lose the hem you just sewed keeping both sections together?

I'm probably not visualizing it right, after all, I'm a newbie thread injector

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast