Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Images

Tarp Test!

Quote Originally Posted by ernesthemmingway View Post
    To all those in the Northern gulf, stay safe up there. I reckon you have another 24 hours of good hammocking weather before you might need to head inside. I tell you what though, it would be interesting to rig up a tarp and see if it could withstand the wind.
    Well looks like I will stay behind, while I pack the wife and kids off to Atlanta, not sure who will be in more danger? I am sure the track will change, right?...but for now, should be dealing with it tmrrw evening and somewhere in my backyard Wednesday. Cat1 should only see random gusts over 100.

So Hemingway, go ahead and overnight your tarp down here and I will set it up and try to video the performance test for you. I am pretty sure 100mph shingles and debris will shred it. Postage will definitely be less on the return trip, probably just your guy lines.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    We got lucky on this one here in Lakeland. Very little in the way of wind and rain. Everyone in the north Gulf be safe.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    ENO singlenest
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    poncho liners
    Suspension
    webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by swankfly View Post
    Well looks like I will stay behind, while I pack the wife and kids off to Atlanta, not sure who will be in more danger? I am sure the track will change, right?...but for now, should be dealing with it tmrrw evening and somewhere in my backyard Wednesday. Cat1 should only see random gusts over 100.

So Hemingway, go ahead and overnight your tarp down here and I will set it up and try to video the performance test for you. I am pretty sure 100mph shingles and debris will shred it. Postage will definitely be less on the return trip, probably just your guy lines.
    Ha! I tell you what, If I had a whole barn full of tarps I might send you one, just for kicks, but Im kind of partial to the one I have. Good luck riding out the storm and be safe.
    with two m's, like "hammock."

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123