Hammock
    Switchback/Speer/T-Bird/WBBB/Lt Owl
    Tarp
    SF/CF/Cldburst/Oge
    Insulation
    Incub/Buro/Snugfit
    Suspension
    Cinch Straps
    Darby, that is a great idea to post who is mailing it out, and who they mailed it to, so it can be tracked. Also, if it is passed to another member at a hang, it should be posted here to let everyone know who has it. Don't want to lose another hammock and tarp.
    "No whining in the woods"

It was because of the loss that I wanted to be extra considerate enough to keep this thread's members up to date. That and the fact that I am new and don't have the 'rep' to stand on.
    I am grateful for the trust that TTTG put in me to send a full kit to try. I know it's 'business' but not the way most businesses run.

Thank you,
    Ken in NC
    (Oh, at the Fall 2012 Hot Springs hang, I was the guy that brought the home roasted coffee)

Hammock
    ROAMING GNOME!!!
    Tarp
    Big Daddy/Toxaway
    Insulation
    WL TQ/Jarbidge UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch/webbing
    Images
    Got the kit today and hung for about 2 minutes in my basement, hopefully will get a good feel for it tomorrow

Hammock
    ROAMING GNOME!!!
    Tarp
    Big Daddy/Toxaway
    Insulation
    WL TQ/Jarbidge UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch/webbing
    Images
    A few thoughts for me on the Switchback:
    Pro's
    Really really like the ring buckle suspension (can't decide if I like it better than cinch buckles.) I adjusted with some AHE straps and the straps supplied by TTTgear, neither stretched.
    I had some extra 1/2" pvc lying around from another project so I made spreader bars for the netting. This made all the difference for me as the netting was hanging down touching me, which I personally cannot stand.
    The taffeta lining was super comfy.
    I actually really appreciate not having a structural ridge line, I was able to get the hammock comfortable for a good night sleep.
    Where the hammock is not as wide you have really nice views without a really tall sidewall...although that never really bothered me before on my hammocks.
    Seems the double 1.9 is overbuilt almost. Everything is sturdy, The webbing is double layered in places and had large D rings on the tie-outs. It feels very well made and expensive.
    Love the size (just not the DL)

Cons
    I do not like the double layer, the one layer wanted to get stuck in the zipper alot (it is not sewn but velcroed in, but if I were to get the SB I would get a single layer anyway.
    Netting for me was almost unusable without spreaders even if I tied off high on the suspension.
    Did not like the way the netting ties out of the way. I wanted longer Ribbons to tie a bow easier and I wanted another ribbon in the middle (my current hammock has a peak bag which I like)
    I could not get rid of all the calf pressure no matter how tight I strung this thing, in fact I was most comfortable with lots of sag, go figure. (This has been my experience with all my hammocks, I just wanted to note this because of reports that lots of people have no ridge pressure issues in this hammock, I was still comfortable enough and slept all night(s) ).

Other Thoughts:
    My wife could not get comfy in this...Her comment was, get this "it feels too flat." So that is probably the deal breaker as I was in the market for a netty for her. (we have been using a 1.1 SL with WL bugnet for her). This is a very comfortable hammock but it was not quite as comfy for me as my DH Roaming Gnome. This was much more comfortable than the WBBB DL I had. I did not try the tarp. I really experimented alot this weekend with hang angles for several hours a piece. I hung it tight enough to get some significant shoulder squeeze and I still had some slight calf pressure down low on the ridge which was disappointing for me, I know it has completely disappeared for some people. The only way I get rid of it on other gathered ends is get a really wide hammock and lay on a more extreme diagonal. I found this thing saggy really comfy and slept well 2 nights that way. The brown color looks awesome and I must say this hammock is a work of art. I did not use the tie-outs at all. I took the tie-out shockcord off of my other hammock as they tend to tangle up and I don't like using them anyway (I am a KISS person, I like less stakes, less fiddle so the least amount of work I have to do the better). This is my first experience with the ring buckle suspension and I love it. It's just as easy as cinch buckles and looking at all the professor hammock videos I def forsee them becoming a permanent suspension on one of my main rigs. My te-wa underquilt fit like a glove on this thing (better than all my other hammocks, absolutely zero fiddle factor with the underquilt, amazing). Looking at the prices on these hammocks I wish that suspension was included but this hammock seems to have alot of extra features built into it and I believe labor wise it looks alot more involved than others I have seen (the non structural netting especially). If my wife had been comfy in it, I would have placed my order right away, but she tried a couple of times and preferred my Dream Hammock. Big thanks to Darby for letting me try this. i will add some pics tonight if I can (though they will be just indoors), otherwise this bad boy will be in the mail tomorrow.

Josh

Hammock
    ROAMING GNOME!!!
    Tarp
    Big Daddy/Toxaway
    Insulation
    WL TQ/Jarbidge UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch/webbing
    Images
    I have not heard back from Darby or ARMNYC via PM. I am waiting to send out the hammock and tarp when they reply (I need the next addy). I think I migt go set it up now again since it's 60 degrees outside now. Hopefully will hear something tonight and get these bad boys out tomorrow.

Hammock
    Switchback 1.9DL
    Tarp
    10x12 TTTG CatCut
    Insulation
    PolarPod
    Suspension
    TTTG Ring Buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ojdash View Post
    I have not heard back from Darby or ARMNYC via PM. I am waiting to send out the hammock and tarp when they reply (I need the next addy). I think I migt go set it up now again since it's 60 degrees outside now. Hopefully will hear something tonight and get these bad boys out tomorrow.
    Pm sent with address
    Beer won't solve problems, but then again, neither will milk !
    Designer of the Switchback Hammock
    Tree to Tree Trail Gear:http://tttrailgear.com

Hammock
    ROAMING GNOME!!!
    Tarp
    Big Daddy/Toxaway
    Insulation
    WL TQ/Jarbidge UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch/webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Darby View Post
    Pm sent with address
    got it, it's going out tomorrow, also I wanted to say I hit the major sweet spot in this hammock today.... wow I couldn't get out for several hours ^_^. Key for me was an old trick that used to work all the time... raised the foot end about 18" above the head end! SO Comfy

Hammock
    ROAMING GNOME!!!
    Tarp
    Big Daddy/Toxaway
    Insulation
    WL TQ/Jarbidge UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch/webbing
    Images
    Shipped!
    9405 5036 9930 0240 6417 41

updated spreadsheet as well!

Hammock
    ROAMING GNOME!!!
    Tarp
    Big Daddy/Toxaway
    Insulation
    WL TQ/Jarbidge UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch/webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ojdash View Post
    Shipped!
    9405 5036 9930 0240 6417 41

updated spreadsheet as well!
    Delivered!

This is a post-only message. Please do not respond.

JOSHUA D CURTIS has requested that you receive a Track & Confirm update, as shown below.

Track & Confirm e-mail update information provided by the U.S. Postal Service.

Label Number: 9405503699300240641741

Service Type: USPS Tracking™

Shipment Activity Location Date & Time
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Delivered NEW YORK, NY 10001 February 24, 2014 12:59 pm
    Notice Left (Business Closed) NEW YORK, NY 10001 February 22, 2014 9:32 am
    Arrival at Post Office NEW YORK, NY 10001 February 22, 2014 8:25 am
    Depart USPS Sort Facility LOUISVILLE, KY 40231 February 20, 2014
    Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility LOUISVILLE, KY 40231 February 19, 2014 11:51 pm
    Dispatched to Sort Facility LEXINGTON, KY 40502 February 19, 2014 5:19 pm
    Acceptance LEXINGTON, KY 40502 February 19, 2014 1:07 pm
    Electronic Shipping Info Received February 19, 2014

Reminder: Track & Confirm by email

Date of email request: February 19, 2014

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.7 XL, DH-TB, ENO DN,
    Tarp
    Mambajamba
    Insulation
    Yeti 3S UQ, HG TQ
    I received the hammock. I will check it out in a couple of days. Thanks.

• + New Posts
  • Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast