Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dilemma

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL
    Tarp
    GuideGear 8.5x8.5
    Insulation
    PLUQ/CCF Pad
    If you buy the WBBB and it doesn't work out, you can sell it for basically what you paid for it. If you go with the first option and it doesn't work out, you might lose some cash.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    Etowah 10x10
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Thanks for the advice. I didnt go with the hammockbliss because i read reviews that it is prone to stretching and im 5'10 225. I think im goin to go with the WBBB for myself. She is used to getting my old gear when i get new stuff or change my mind.

Jon

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    When I first started hammocking, I could not envision ever buying a hammock without an integrated bugnet. However, the integrated bugnets began to annoy me in winter: why am I carrying a bugnet, and zipping one up, when there are no bugs? I'm also prone to calf cramps and it's a beast getting out of an integrated bugnet when you are in excruciating pain.

I've also heard some on this forum assert that a bottom-entry independent bugnet is more effective against bugs 'cause they don't come in with you when you enter. I thought this sounded extremely stupid and counter-intuitive. However, I have found it to be true. Mosquitoes just can't seem to figure out that they need to fly down and up to get at my juicy blood.

With integrated bugnets, when I unzip it to get in, a whole host of flying critters enter with me - it never happens with my bottom-entry BIAS Buginator independent bugnet. I'm sold on independent bugnets 'cause I only carry them when I need them, and the skeeters can't seem to figure out how to get at me.

And if I get a cramp? I just stick my feet through the bugnet opening, and I'm on the ground standing up in no time and the cramp goes away.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12