Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images

One off work Donna did for me, in another forum

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...67&postcount=1

I may have been a terrible client. <smile> Who knows if 2QZQ would want to do this again?

But, as described in the thread, above, and in the pics, execution was impeccable.

Hammock
    HH Explorer w/ Zipper Mod #4
    Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images
    You were not a terrible client! It is those creative minds like yours that come up with great ideas!

And, yes, I would consider doing this mod again. I did send you a PM with a question about #6.

ZQ
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

Like Lewis & Clark: Wintrin' o/t Columbia again: PDX
    Hammock
    Clark w 2QZQ mod,Tropical, NX;Nano
    Tarp
    Clark micro
    Insulation
    Major down
    Suspension
    7/64 SK75 +strap
    Images

Not a "one off", really

Q: How can someone with too many Clark hammocks think he is economical?

A: By sending not one, but TWO hammocks to 2QZQ for the modification that "adds hoops to support the netting". Two hammocks shared round-trip shipping costs that would have fallen on just one.

But I called this a "one off" because it wasn't carried in the 2QZQ menu of modifications and kits, and because I could have done worse and called it "bespoke.' (Or insisted it truly be bespoke with odd-length poles and tie-dyed M50 fabric.)

As explained in the referenced write-up and clear from the pics, this mod followed from tent-pole mods already in the 2QZQ catalog, so no surprise that it turned out so well.

Donna's question is about the use of gros grain ribbon, where nylon webbing or Cordura might have been used on the outriggers capturing the rod ends.

I set up and took down a hammock over 300 times in the last year. After a month of nightly set-up and take down of the 2QZQ-modified hammock, the gros grain used for the 2QZQ outriggers seems completely intact. Still........ for heavy duty use of wearing parts, for me, in the wilderness or for a couple of years of continued light use, I'd prefer nylon strap or Cordura for tensile strength and abrasion resistance over polyester gros grain because I'd have gotten better service from gear from some esteemed makers with that substitution of materials. There are things Arkel knows that Gossamer Gear --to name one of those makers -- could know and believe, but does not.

I like to sew and to tinker, so the preventive maintenance I'll do will be fun.

Thank you, Donna, for taking on the job. Even before I wrote this up, there had been over 100 visits to view the pics and descriptions since I posted them a month ago.

• + New Posts