GT Dbl
    Tarp
    GG11'
    Insulation
    PLUQ+sleeping bag
    Suspension
    ENO AtlasStraps

Question How'd you do it?

CONFESSION: I have grown to dislike sleeping in my bed and increasingly long to sleep in my hammock.

When and why did you switch from BED to HAMMOCK?

I was on a family vacay trip to the Boston area and found an opportunity to sleep in my hammock during the nights instead of being cramped in a guest room w/ my wife and 2 kids.

It was a mighty comfortable hang and I physically felt good when waking up in the mornings. Now, vacation is over and we are home... and having spent two nights in my own bed, I am feeling achy and not as rested -- I thought for sure that I'd enjoy sleeping in my own bed, but alas, it's looking more like I will *need* to figure out a way to create an UN-UGLY setup in my bedroom while getting the OK from my better-half!

Any ideas... suggestions... tips... ?

-----
    pete

Hammock
    Dutch netless 9ft
    Tarp
    Zpack cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix UQ/ JRB TQ
    Suspension
    mule tape
    Good luck. I suggested that a couple of eye hooks in an inconspicuous place would be a good way for me to catch a nap... I got The Look.

If you're married and have 2 kids, you know The Look of which I speak. You do not argue with The Look, you do not attempt to reason with The Look. you're only hope is to let enough time go by... then do it and feign ignorance, beg for forgiveness as sincerely (and pathetically) as you can and hope she'll "forget" to make you take it down. This really never works for me but I keep trying.
    "A bore is a man who deprives you of solitude without providing you with company." Gian Vincenzo Gravina (1664 - 1718)

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Not at all helpful but - Good Luck?!

And please let me know if you find the secret!
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I chose my significant other carefully.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    WBRR, 35 inch dogbones
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole/OMWintr
    Insulation
    UGQ/HG/AHE
    Suspension
    Whoops/Dutch Bling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    So did I,,other than the wife being hot natured as all get out,,and me being mid to cold natured,,my wife sleeps with air on at 67 and 2 high speed fains blowing air plus the ceiling fan on high,,and she just freezes my butt off if we are sleeping togethr in the summer,,now winter is different and I can occasionally hit the bed,,but hammock for me,,and I really love it.
    2nd CAG, CAP 2-1-5 5th Marines, 1st Mar. Div.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_Action_Program

Hammock
    GT Dbl
    Tarp
    GG11'
    Insulation
    PLUQ+sleeping bag
    Suspension
    ENO AtlasStraps
    Quote Originally Posted by CrankyOldGuy View Post
    ... I got The Look..... If you're married and have 2 kids, you know The Look of which I speak.
    I *KNOW* the look!

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Acer View Post
    So did I...

Hammock
    DIY Ripstop/ Blackbird
    Tarp
    Tad Pole/Superfly
    Insulation
    Zeppelin/Rev X
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by CrankyOldGuy View Post
    Good luck. I suggested that a couple of eye hooks in an inconspicuous place would be a good way for me to catch a nap... I got The Look.

If you're married and have 2 kids, you know The Look of which I speak. You do not argue with The Look, you do not attempt to reason with The Look. you're only hope is to let enough time go by... then do it and feign ignorance, beg for forgiveness as sincerely (and pathetically) as you can and hope she'll "forget" to make you take it down. This really never works for me but I keep trying.
    I call it the stink eye

Hammock
    Brazilian
    I don't have the "signifignant other" to worry about, so what I do in my own house is nobody's business but my own. It's all about comfort. I sleep in a hammock every night, and can't imagine going back to a bed.

So far it was easy. I came in from a hiking trip, related how well the hammock let me rest, suggested that I was going to hang in the yard for a while as a trial and went ahead. Now she also has an agenda, she likes it cooler than I, she wants fans running and I don't, she likes to use up an entire queen size bed herself and I am happy for her to do so as long as I keep hanging. I will need to go upstairs this winter, but no complaints from her at all. So that is how I started, but as someone once put it, it is a work in progress. Good luck.

Hammock
    GT Dbl
    Tarp
    GG11'
    Insulation
    PLUQ+sleeping bag
    Suspension
    ENO AtlasStraps
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
    I don't have the "signifignant other" to worry about, so what I do in my own house is nobody's business but my own. It's all about comfort. I sleep in a hammock every night, and can't imagine going back to a bed.
    Heh heh... enjoy your "freedom"... I have a wee bit of envy, but have to say that I do enjoy married life!

Quote Originally Posted by old4hats View Post
    So far it was easy. I came in from a hiking trip, related how well the hammock let me rest, suggested that I was going to hang in the yard for a while as a trial and went ahead. Now she also has an agenda, she likes it cooler than I, she wants fans running and I don't, she likes to use up an entire queen size bed herself and I am happy for her to do so as long as I keep hanging. I will need to go upstairs this winter, but no complaints from her at all. So that is how I started, but as someone once put it, it is a work in progress. Good luck.
    Glad it worked out so smoothly and easily for you... I suppose I should just buck up and tell it like it is, eh?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast