Question Can't get comfortable in ENO DN

Tried to change sag, don't have ridge-line but I measured 83% of what I think is about 9'2" . Where do these companies measure from and to to get the length?
    Anyway my effort helped to open it up some, but still couldn't get a good flat lay.
    I am looking at Warbonnet Traveler which is supposed to be better for my situation. I am 6'2" and weigh 235. How can the WB traveler give me a better asym lay if only a couple inches longer and actually over a foot more narrow?

Hammock
    HH Explorer UL with Mod 4
    Tarp
    Gargoyle Custom
    Insulation
    Leigh'Lo/HG
    Suspension
    Adjustable Straps
    Try raising your foot end more, putting your head closer to the gather and more room for your legs. then lay on the diagonal and see how that works.
    My DIY Pulk Project
    http://www.landofrath.com/?p=573

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 11 WB
    Insulation
    3S Phnx/1S GoLite
    Suspension
    Straps/Whoopies
    Images
    I'm 6'2" 215 lbs. and I sleep in an ENO DN every night. I can't get a perfectly flat lay but I can get close. If I slept on my back I would need a pillow or something under my knees but I actually have found that my DN is my most comfortable hammock (tied with my big mayan hammock) for sleeping on my side. It's also great for lounging in. I haven't used a ridgeline but here are the things that I do to get comfortable:
    • as much sag as possible
    • foot end AT LEAST 1 foot higher than the head end (it doesn't look like it could possibly be comfortable and my head is only about a foot from the head end of the hammock)
    • I have to get my butt in the right spot so try to fine tune where you place your caboose

Another thing you might want to try before buying another hammock (although I am a big fan of buying as many hammocks as you possibly can ) is to try out the mini-spreader bar technique. I'm planning on giving that a shot too since it seems to have good reviews.

Best of luck,

Dave
    The best things in life aren't things. -- Art Buchwald

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by enoroy69 View Post
    I am looking at Warbonnet Traveler which is supposed to be better for my situation. I am 6'2" and weigh 235. How can the WB traveler give me a better asym lay if only a couple inches longer and actually over a foot more narrow?
    For your height, you should find more comfort with a longer hammock. The problem is that the extra width in the ENO actually restricts how flat the hammock can lay for tall folks because the side rails get pulled too high and tight. Extra length allows those side rails to sag further, which flattens the rails.

There are other hammocks that are longer. Check out this parachute nylon comparison chart.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL
    Tarp
    GuideGear 8.5x8.5
    Insulation
    PLUQ/CCF Pad
    Quote Originally Posted by dejoha View Post
    For your height, you should find more comfort with a longer hammock.
    This. I'm 5'9" and I saw a HUGE improvement in comfort when I switched from my ENO DN to a WB blackbird.

I can,t swing a BB but I ordered the Traveler today. I hope I can get comfortable in it.

• + New Posts