MTHL 11' w/wo net
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Rect
    Insulation
    DIY Costco Quilt
    Suspension
    MTHL 2in dyneema
    Images
    Since the OP spreadsheet linked in this sticky has been removed, should the sticky still exist? I get that a number of links have been added over the years, but they aren't really in a collected form and are thus somewhat useless in the "quick glance" form that stickies seem to be suited for.

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Many of these old link lists should quietly disappear. Most everything is either non-existent or woefully out of date.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    MTHL 11' w/wo net
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Rect
    Insulation
    DIY Costco Quilt
    Suspension
    MTHL 2in dyneema
    Images
    I'm most sad about missing out on BIAS, their specs seemed to tick basically every box (well at least weight and price...)

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt View Post
    I'm most sad about missing out on BIAS, their specs seemed to tick basically every box (well at least weight and price...)
    Interesting because the very first quality hammock I experienced was a BIAS Weight Weenie Micro that a hammocking friend lent me in a successful effort to get me hooked. It worked. He also included with the hammock a Te-Wa UQ and a Speer tarp, which are both other makers that are no longer in business.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Hammock
    MTHL 11' w/wo net
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Rect
    Insulation
    DIY Costco Quilt
    Suspension
    MTHL 2in dyneema
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmoulder View Post
    Interesting because the very first quality hammock I experienced was a BIAS Weight Weenie Micro that a hammocking friend lent me in a successful effort to get me hooked. It worked. He also included with the hammock a Te-Wa UQ and a Speer tarp, which are both other makers that are no longer in business.
    Such a shame, jelly. Who are the go-to's these days aside from Dutch, WB, and SLD? I'm probably itching for an 11' to replace my ENO DN DLX and Uncle Jeff bug net covered one...

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt View Post
    Darn - sad to see BIAS go. When they first started doing business, I bought several hammocks and bugnets from them. They were the first to start promoting 11 ft. hammocks, and one of the first to start manufacturing a Fronkey-style, bottom-entry bugnet.

Buttinasling were at their best when it was a two-person shop, Brian and Shane. However, Brian seemed to suffer some kind of meltdown around 2012 and exited the business. Shane kept it going for several years, but he had a day job and I guess it got to be too much.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    MTHL 11' w/wo net
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon Rect
    Insulation
    DIY Costco Quilt
    Suspension
    MTHL 2in dyneema
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Darn - sad to see BIAS go. When they first started doing business, I bought several hammocks and bugnets from them. They were the first to start promoting 11 ft. hammocks, and one of the first to start manufacturing a Fronkey-style, bottom-entry bugnet.

Buttinasling were at their best when it was a two-person shop, Brian and Shane. However, Brian seemed to suffer some kind of meltdown around 2012 and exited the business. Shane kept it going for several years, but he had a day job and I guess it got to be too much.
    Thanks for the history!

Is there a vendor making Amsteel suspension sets in Ontario? I made my own and got a friend interested, but they're not ready to hang off their own craft and would prefer to buy locally vs cross-border if possible.

I think if the list eventually gets its update overhaul, possibly adding a tab for retired/out of business/on hiatus notes should be attached to certain brands. I helped overhaul a Google doc for a list of 'Biodiversity Observation Platforms/Social Media' and left a note for viewers of the doc that a good chunk of the websites were down/dead, but could still be accessed via the Internet Archive Wayback Machine. Who knows, maybe forum members here will find 'Wayback' versions for brands that ceased operation, and take inspiration from great products that aren't available anymore to create something even better.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456