SLD TL, DW Chameleon, Haven XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    HG, UGQ, CDT clew
    Suspension
    MyersTech
    Images
    For car camping I have a second 1.1mm ridgeline with color changing LEDs wrapped/sound around snaps in and out easy. As I will have a battery bank with me. Went with color changing so I can switch to a light that doesn't attract so many bugs.

For backpacking I'll just use my cell phone with hang time hook.

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    I keep a NiteIze on the ridgeline,Nucor rechargeable headlamp around my neck,but the best light I have is a rechargeable pen light I got off Amazon that will also accept a couple of AA's in the event the charge ran out on the nicad battery.I've found that some reflective tape wrapped around the hiking poles really turns into a welcoming beacon at night when the high beam of the penlight hits it.Ditto for reflective tape on the food bag for predawn retrieval.But the light I use the most is the one on my Timex Ironman Watch.

Hammock
    DH DangerBird
    Tarp
    SilPoly
    Insulation
    Down, UGQ down
    Suspension
    Strap/Cinch Buckle
    I discovered the Ledlenser ML4 last year and wish it had been around decades ago. It’s hard to beat German technology AND a 7 year warranty. At 71g/2.5 oz (including battery) and not much longer or big around than my thumb, I look forward to many years and miles knowing this little lantern is stowed in my backpack. It comes with a rechargeable Li-ion battery but works great with a standard AA alkaline. It operates at 4 different lumen settings (5, 50, 150, and 300) with 150 being enough to fully light a tarp and hammock for reading. There are also two different red settings for tasking while retaining night vision, and a flashing red or white setting for emergency signaling.

I used this little light for several hours each night of a six night winter trip this year with no issues in the cold (0°) and no battery change or charge. It won’t replace my headlamp for “night strolls” but it is an excellent camp lantern.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1b-4h_lHOc

/Users/bengriffing/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/resources/proxies/derivatives/09/00/9c3/ugkAnHIBSSawA6t20GP%3A_thumb_9c3.jpg
    /Users/bengriffing/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/resources/proxies/derivatives/09/00/9bf/SAK8CJmrQrSIQn%KyNYoBQ_thumb_9bf.jpg
    /Users/bengriffing/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/resources/proxies/derivatives/09/00/9c2/8%xs7ATjQUistuegqXWJ3Q_thumb_9c2.jpg
    /Users/bengriffing/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/resources/proxies/derivatives/09/00/9c1/YCxk165qSeC7wLk3Ro0l6Q_thumb_9c1.jpg
    /Users/bengriffing/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/resources/proxies/derivatives/09/00/9c4/g2Y%+KfET0Kp0MyjJAVCFw_thumb_9c4.jpg
    /Users/bengriffing/Pictures/Photos Library.photoslibrary/resources/proxies/derivatives/09/00/9c0/6T70dxI1Q7i0j%mNbY3azA_thumb_9c0.jpg
    To be whole. To be complete. Wildness reminds us what it means to be human, what we are connected to rather than what we are separate from.
    -Terry Tempest Williams

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Z
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Minifly
    Insulation
    Tigris el Cheapo
    Suspension
    Straps
    I've had good luck with the Black Diamond Remoji. Soft light that lasts for what feels like days, to bright bright light for hours, and connects easily to the ridgeline, backpack, anything.

10383830x1012905_zm.jpg
    "If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done." - L Wittgenstein

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Sidewinder
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I just use my headlamp but my wife & daughter have Dutch’s Party Lights and really like them. Definitely plenty of options out there.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345