Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    the west is big, and has Moutains!
    and pondoes, I call 'em "po-pi's" (ponderosa pines) arizona has the largest single stand of popi's in the world.
    it would be neat to organize a hang for the "west" but like said before, its BIG. there are about 5 hangers that I know in AZ including myself. other guys that attend some group hikes are eyeing my hammock setup. some comment on it. it wont be long before they are sold on the idea. i think most of them are waiting to see if it works in the winter. its more of a 'im not trying to sell them on hammocking' than they are 'trying to sell themselves to stay on the ground' idea. it wont be long 'til all of their souls belong to me
    mmmwwwaaahhhhaaaahhhaaaa
    then, we'll have that group hang. yah!

*roadtorque, where do you live exactly?

Hammock
    DIY-Darian UL-like
    Tarp
    z-Packs cuben
    Insulation
    WB Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    Images
    I will give it serious thought if it is before mid May. After that I will be back in Texas.

SlowBro

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    AZ sounds good to me. Its close!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler/Blackbird
    Tarp
    HMG Cuben
    Insulation
    CrowsNest & IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images

AZ hangin'

It would be great to get together with some AZ area hangers. In the ~1.5 years that I've been hanging, on numerous trips, I have never even seen another hanger besides myself. Not that it isn't fun to share information with bewildered onlookers, but it'd be fun to compare notes with people that get it. Count me in for something within 300-400 miles of Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtorque View Post
    AZ sounds good to me. Its close!

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    Roadtorque, Drewboy:
    Im in Fountain Hills, about 10 miles east of Scottsdale. I hang every trip, even if it means planning a backpack around trees.
    Dirt4dinner, also a Phx local who hangs is a member here too.
    this weekend is a planned hang for me +1 other over at the Reavis Ranch area.
    I hope to be able to meet all the Western Hangers but for now travel is not an option (stay at home dad=weekend warrior)

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    love to but I got a scout campout this weekend at bartlett lake

Hammock
    Tarp
    HMG Cuben
    Insulation
    CrowsNest & IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Oh man, I was just hanging at Reavis Ranch last weekend. We were camped out right here (sent myself an all-OK message with the SPOT to get this waypoint):

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...UTF8&z=12&om=1

I'm not sure if I can swing another trip so soon, I'll have to check with the wife and let you know. What route were you looking to hike in on? I came in from Reavis Gap (East) last weekend, although I've also done it from the North and South sides at least a couple of times. No apples were visible this year. I did spot a few deer hunters, you might want to consider bringing something orange. The weather is gorgeous, a perfect time to get out there. Reavis is one of my favorite places around here.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinfhaz View Post
    Roadtorque, Drewboy:
    Im in Fountain Hills, about 10 miles east of Scottsdale. I hang every trip, even if it means planning a backpack around trees.
    Dirt4dinner, also a Phx local who hangs is a member here too.
    this weekend is a planned hang for me +1 other over at the Reavis Ranch area.
    I hope to be able to meet all the Western Hangers but for now travel is not an option (stay at home dad=weekend warrior)

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    when I said Reavis Ranch "area" what I really mean is camp near Plow Saddle Spring. There is a group of 6-7 (2 hangers) going to base camp @ Plow Spring and do a dayhike down Paradise Canyon and to the bottom where it intersects with Rogers Canyon then we are going to head up into Rough Canyon and go cross country back to camp. The guys Im going with are Supes masters. It will be difficult as a dayhike, but we can return to camp for a lil' Jack and some good eatin'.
    Base camp is about 7.5 miles from Reavis North trailhead.
    check out this link* to follow the conversation... peace. It would be way cool if you could come. We may, as hangers, have to disperse a little as there are not hundreds of suitable trees around, but there are trees.
    *you may have to register if you are not a member. its free. click on the link again if it does not direct you to the forum page. thanks> mike

Hammock
    Tarp
    HMG Cuben
    Insulation
    CrowsNest & IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    It sounds like a real adventure you guys have brewing. Unfortunately, I will have to pass this weekend. Too much stuff to do getting ready to head out of town for a long thanksgiving weekend next week. I sure appreciate the invite though! I will monitor the thread you have going to see how it works out. Good luck with all the catsclaw out there - I'm carrying around a few scratches from my hike last weekend. Definitely let's get a group hang organized at some point. I'm anxious to get out again and show off my new Blackbird

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinfhaz View Post
    when I said Reavis Ranch "area" what I really mean is camp near Plow Saddle Spring. There is a group of 6-7 (2 hangers) going to base camp @ Plow Spring and do a dayhike down Paradise Canyon and to the bottom where it intersects with Rogers Canyon then we are going to head up into Rough Canyon and go cross country back to camp. The guys Im going with are Supes masters. It will be difficult as a dayhike, but we can return to camp for a lil' Jack and some good eatin'.
    Base camp is about 7.5 miles from Reavis North trailhead.
    check out this link* to follow the conversation... peace. It would be way cool if you could come. We may, as hangers, have to disperse a little as there are not hundreds of suitable trees around, but there are trees.
    *you may have to register if you are not a member. its free. click on the link again if it does not direct you to the forum page. thanks> mike

Banned
    Hammock
    Nylon between two trees.
    Tarp
    Simply Light
    Insulation
    enLIGHTened Eqmt.
    Suspension
    Made Some Whoopie!

Group Hang Out West

How about somewhere near Portland, Oregon. Maybe on the Oregon Coast, near Eugene?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drift_Creek_Wilderness
    http://www.oregon.com/hiking/eaglecreek.cfm

BF

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast