Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images

Another Whipping the End Question WBBB

So I use a WBBB and a Traveler. I re-whipped the ends of my hammock and switched over using a double locked brummel section of dynaglide on each end. I do this so I am able to use the Dutch Woopie Hooks and keep my suspension separate when I store my hammock. Until recently I just simply ran the dynaglide through the channel wrapped the end into a knot and threaded the loose end underneath the whipped end and that has always worked fine. Recently I switched it up and ran the dynaglide through the knot instead of over it which gives it a much cleaner look as well as hangs better IMHO because it keeps the hammock straight and does not twist it.

So I've read this thread by HC4 http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ping+blackbird and it made perfect sense when I went to re-whip my Warbonnet Traveler. Came out perfectly and looks really nice going through the knot instead of over top of it. When I went to make the change on my WBBB I ran into lots of trouble. The reason I ran into trouble is cause I cant simply bring the cord back over it self and through the knot because then it gets in the way of the zipper. What am I missing

So how do I whip the end of my WBBB and bring the end of my cord through the knot without getting in the way of my zipper? I feel like I am missing something easy can someone point it out to me

Thanks a lot.

LRR
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    The WBBB isn't really whipped. There is a small back string going through a channel to gather it. The the ridgeline pokes out and what I do is pull some slack on the ridgeline and then replace the old suspension catching the ridgeline again. If you do that you will have to untie the thin black line but not undo anything.

Hope that makes sense
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    The WBBB isn't really whipped. There is a small back string going through a channel to gather it. The the ridgeline pokes out and what I do is pull some slack on the ridgeline and then replace the old suspension catching the ridgeline again. If you do that you will have to untie the thin black line but not undo anything.

Hope that makes sense
    Yes perfect sense. However

I took the black cord out of the channel and I ran the section of dynaglide with two fixed eyes on both ends through the hammock channel and larkes headed it then wrapped it round the fabric essentially whipping it. Im trying to figure out how to run the cord back through the knot instead of over it.

Thanks for the input Dutch any ideas on how to achieve what Im trying to do or is tHE WBBB not made in a way where u can do it that way.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

• + New Posts