Howdy,

My first hammock just arrived. A DoubleNest in purple/forest!

As I have no style sense I selected based on price first and color second. I think it actually looks good, in an "I am not a commando" kind of way. I count myself lucky.

Along with the DN, I ordered straps and whoopie slings from Jacks 'R' Better... hope they get here soon. I don't have much stuff around to use for a suspension unless I want to tear up some ratchet straps.

What I've read so far is that the way to install whoopies on a DN is to remove the existing cordage and replace it with the loop end of the whoopie sling. Whoopie slings are much smaller than the stock cords. Is there any evidence that they'll cause more wear and tear on the hammock? Seems like it would be simple to attach the whoopie slings to the stock cord or the steel biners already on the hammock.

To attach the DN to the JRB straps, I was thinking of just using a carabiner at each end. Put the tree strap ends on the biner and snap the whoopie sling onto that.

I'm sure there are lighter methods out there, but this seems to be super simple. Which is good, because so am I.

Next up will be a ridgeline and some sort of tarp. Speaking of which, I haven't had any luck finding my old hiking tarp so maybe get a Kelty Noah's Tarp 9 or something. I've had good luck with Kelty stuff in the past.

Really I'm just posting because I'm excited to try out my new hammock. But if anyone's got feedback, feel free!

Cheers,

Flash